PDA

View Full Version : A New House-Update #15 Long-With Pix

Karl Laustrup
02-02-2006, 8:53 PM
February 2nd, 2006

Nice day today. Actually got up to 45, but that's the last of that warm stuff for a while. We've actually set a record for consecutive days with a high temp above freezing. I think we're up around 45 now, with one more day and then back to reality for about a week.

It went pretty slow today as the crew cut all the wall studs to size and laid out each wall on the floor. They also took some time this morning and put chalk lines where all the interior walls will be. I could actually get an idea of how the rooms are going to look.

As the pictures attest they were able to get the west wall up and about half of the north wall. The rest should go pretty good tomorrow and I'm fully expecting to have all the walls up by Friday afternoon.

Oh yeah, that's our granddaughter looking out what will be one of the master bedroom windows.

Thanks for looking.

Karl

Ken Fitzgerald
02-02-2006, 9:20 PM
It's looking good Karl! That Wisconsin weather sure has been cooperating!

Jim Becker
02-02-2006, 9:53 PM
Lookin' good, Karl!

Eddie Watkins
02-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Your contractor sure knows what it means to make hay while the sun shines. Their progress is amazing. It is starting to look like a house!

Jerry Olexa
02-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Karl...The home is actually now taking its shape. I love this phase when you walk through the various rooms etc. Glar it continues to go well. Pretty soon you'll have her Roofed in.

John Miliunas
02-03-2006, 12:21 PM
Hey Karl, what's up with putting your granddaughter's bedroom in the shop??? :D :cool: