PDA

View Full Version : When Does Grizzly Go On Sale?/ Bandsaw Info

Brian Parker
02-02-2006, 8:41 PM
I am interested in purchasing a bandsaw in the next six months or so and I have been doing some research. Being that I am only 25 I am intending to purchase the saw for many years of use so I don’t want to skimp on quality and features while not breaking the bank. I do know already that a 10-12 inch cutting height is a must as is at least a 1 if not a 1.5 horse power motor. I am a fan of the Grizzly tools since I own a few and love them. I am considering the G0513 or the G0513X. I would love to see these on sale but I really haven’t followed Grizzly’s website too much to know what times of the year that they have sales except for around Christmas. I would love to wait until they go on sale in an attempt to save 50 or 100 bucks. Does anyone know what times of years that they hold their sales?
<o:p> </o:p>
I am open to considering other brands of saws as long as they are a quality saw. The one feature I like a lot with the Grizzly is the ball bearing guides. As I said I’m not looking to buy tomorrow but I would like to get a pretty good idea of what few saws to keep my eye on and hopefully find on sale. I have no problems spending $800 on a good saw but I don't really want to spend much more than that. I am also up for buying used but you really don't find too many people selling good quality saws near Pittsburgh too often.

<o:p> </o:p>
TIA<o:p></o:p>

Marcus Ward
02-02-2006, 9:37 PM
I don't know that they go on sale but by driving over to the showroom you can save a bundle on shipping.

lloyd morris
02-02-2006, 9:43 PM
Brian,

Two or three times a year Grizzly has a tent sale at its stores. Watch the website for dates and details. I grew up just north of the Muncy store and visited for the first time there just before Christmas last year.

It was well beyond my high expectations. An amazing, huge, immaculately clean showroom with just about every major Grizzly tool on the showroom floor. The sales people were exceptional, really glad to be working at Grizzly and very knowledgable. No pressure, just great service.

I checked out the bandsaws you are thinking about and thought they were well worth the money.

Hope this helps,

Lloyd

Brian Parker
02-02-2006, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the info about the tent sale. Its a good 4 to 4.5 hour drive from my place up to Muncy. Between the cost of gas for the truck and the time I think that unless I get more than one tool at a time that the freight cost is actually less. I might have to check out the sale though since I could potentially save more than just the shipping cost.

Matt Meiser
02-02-2006, 10:36 PM
They usually run a summer sale as well, with a lot of machines marked down by varying amounts.

tod evans
02-03-2006, 7:11 AM
<O:p> </O:p>
I am open to considering other brands of saws as long as they are a quality saw. I am also up for buying used but you really don't find too many people selling good quality saws near Pittsburgh too often.

<O:p> </O:p>
TIA<O:p></O:p>

brian, since you intend for your purchase to be a long term investment please at least look at the italian made bandsaws. i have no regrets about the money i spent.....02 tod

Ken Salisbury
02-03-2006, 7:20 AM
In order to be a boni fide member of Sawmill Creek you are required to use a real first and last name. Please PM or E-mail Jackie Outten with that information and she will update your registration accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/misc/moderator.gif