PDA

View Full Version : Woodworkers Supply

Edward Weber
10-03-2023, 3:33 PM
Does anyone know the official status of Woodworkers Supply.
I got an email from them today, so I went to their site and it's still up and running. Are they going to continue to sell off inventory until there's literally nothing left to buy?
Just curious

Richard Coers
10-03-2023, 9:24 PM
The earlier conversation said they were going out of business. If inventory still exists, why shut the doors?

Doug Garson
10-03-2023, 9:36 PM
According to their website, the business is up for sale including current inventory.

Brian Gumpper
10-04-2023, 12:44 AM
The website says they are closing. If you look through the inventory that's in stock appears most of it has been sold off.

Edward Weber
10-04-2023, 1:23 PM
I suppose I should have been more specific.
I'm well aware that Woodworkers Supply is shutting down. I suppose I was wondering when. Typically there is an end date.
When I went to their site, I was greeted with a pop-up asking me to join the mailing list. Also, after having a brief look around, many of the products they say they have, appear to be sold out once clicked on. Odd behavior for a site going out of business.

mike stenson
10-04-2023, 1:58 PM
I suppose I should have been more specific.
I'm well aware that Woodworkers Supply is shutting down. I suppose I was wondering when. Typically there is an end date.
When I went to their site, I was greeted with a pop-up asking me to join the mailing list. Also, after having a brief look around, many of the products they say they have, appear to be sold out once clicked on. Odd behavior for a site going out of business.

Sounds like the site hasn't been updated, at all. Other than inventory, which is probably automated. We hope.

Doug Garson
10-04-2023, 3:45 PM
As I posted earlier, the business is for sale and part of the business is the mailing list so continuing to add to the list makes sense as it adds to the value of the company being sold.

mike stenson
10-04-2023, 3:53 PM
As I posted earlier, the business is for sale and part of the business is the mailing list so continuing to add to the list makes sense as it adds to the value of the company being sold.

Must have been in another thread.

Edward Weber
10-04-2023, 3:56 PM

Why would you join a mailing list for a company going out of business?

Doug Garson
10-04-2023, 3:57 PM
Must have been in another thread.
Post #3 is the one I referred to.

Doug Garson
10-04-2023, 3:59 PM
Why would you join a mailing list for a company going out of business?
Maybe because you hope the new owner will carry on the business like the old owner. Costs you nothing.