PDA

View Full Version : Redneck tool revue

Steve Ash
02-02-2006, 8:19 PM
Well since everybody has a thought on the tools that they use in the shop, I thought I might add mine. My friend Larry Merlau stopped by tonight with a gift for me....just cause he is such a nice guy I guess.

After a bit of looking at what this tool might be used for we thought it might be best used to split a beer between friends.....

A word of caution.....make sure you or your friend drink the contents first before attempting the "split", and do not operate tools after drinking said contents.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/100_1484.jpg

Ken Garlock
02-02-2006, 8:26 PM
Come on Steve that is supposed to be a Stroh's since you are in Michigan:eek: :)

Matt Meiser
02-02-2006, 8:42 PM
Come on Steve that is supposed to be a Stroh's since you are in Michigan:eek: :)

The Stroh's brewery in Detroit has been gone for 20 years.

Steve Ash
02-02-2006, 8:47 PM
The Stroh's brewery in Detroit has been gone for 20 years.

Thank Gawd!!!! Man I didn't like that stuff even when we swiped it out of dad's fridge for free.....

tod evans
02-03-2006, 7:16 AM
diet busch, that`s summertime soda pop:)

Frank Pellow
02-03-2006, 7:24 AM
Steve, I thought that you said beer, but that picture certainly does not show a can of anything that I would call beer. :confused:

John Miliunas
02-03-2006, 8:10 AM
Busch light??? What? That some kinda' new-fangled flashlight used in case you get lost in the woods somewhere or what??? :confused: :D :cool:

Karl Laustrup
02-03-2006, 8:57 AM
Awww, lighten up on the guy.

Since he got back from his cruise he's been on a special diet so he can fit his speedo this summer. :eek: :D

Karl

tod evans
02-03-2006, 9:02 AM
Awww, lighten up on the guy.

Since he got back from his cruise he's been on a special diet so he can fit his speedo this summer. :eek: :D

Karl

holy cow!!!!!! that`s as bad as tyler! ya`ll stay up north! .02 tod

John Shuk
02-03-2006, 10:05 AM
Busch light?! I don't see any beer in that pic.

Vaughn McMillan
02-04-2006, 6:25 AM
Steve, don't let these guys bust your chops about drinking Busch Light. :rolleyes: Back when I was a beer drinker, it made sense to buy a dozen cans of Natural Light / Keystone Light / Busch Light for the cost of six "big name" cans. Plus, after the first two or three, it didn't really make a difference. I always figured you never really buy a beer, you only rent it for a little while anyway. That's just one of the reasons I don't drink anything stronger than tea anymore. :D

BTW, an axe will split that beer much more quickly than the table saw. BB gun is also pretty fun, but a lot slower. DAMHIKT. :p

- Vaughn

Joe Chritz
02-04-2006, 7:04 AM
Grandpa always said life is to short to drink cheap beer or date ugly women.

Wish I would have paid more attention when I was younger. :eek:

Joe

Frank Pellow
02-04-2006, 7:10 AM
Steve, don't let these guys bust your chops about drinking Busch Light. :rolleyes: Back when I was a beer drinker, it made sense to buy a dozen cans of Natural Light / Keystone Light / Busch Light for the cost of six "big name" cans. Plus, after the first two or three, it didn't really make a difference. I always figured you never really buy a beer, you only rent it for a little while anyway. That's just one of the reasons I don't drink anything stronger than tea anymore. :D

BTW, an axe will split that beer much more quickly than the table saw. BB gun is also pretty fun, but a lot slower. DAMHIKT. :p

- Vaughn
Vaughn, perhaps if you had bought beer that had some taste (and I certainly do not mean the stuff that comes in big name cans :p ) and limited yourself to a couple of pints per time, you would still be drinking it. :D Drinking it in moderation, of course. :)

Steve Ash
02-04-2006, 8:21 AM

Karl

Ain't NO way, I was in a Speedo just once. Wife got it for me for our honeymoon in Florida. Course I was only 165 lbs, fresh off the farm and in great physical condition....things have changed since then.

Jason Roehl
02-04-2006, 8:27 AM
Vaughn, perhaps if you had bought beer that had some taste (and I certainly do not measn the stuff that comes in big name cans :p ) and limited yourself to a couple of pints per time, you would still be drinking it. :D Drinking it in moderation, of course. :)

Well, if I ever make it up to Canada, at least I know there's someone up there with whom I could toss back a couple of real brews! :D

My take: if it comes in a can, it's not worth drinking. Exceptions: kegs and Guinness. I do partake if someone offers, though, but an occasional can of water never hurt anyone. (Coors Lt., Bud Lt., Busch Lt., and Miller Lt. all have the same lack of taste to me).

Frank Pellow
02-04-2006, 8:36 AM
Well, if I ever make it up to Canada, at least I know there's someone up there with whom I could toss back a couple of real brews! :D

My take: if it comes in a can, it's not worth drinking. Exceptions: kegs and Guinness. I do partake if someone offers, though, but an occasional can of water never hurt anyone. (Coors Lt., Bud Lt., Busch Lt., and Miller Lt. all have the same lack of taste to me).
Jason, there a lot of good mirco breweries in Canada (as there were in Washingtom state when I lived there). I also agree with you that that Guinness is the noteable exception to the statement that "if it comes in a can, it's not worth drinking".

Vaughn McMillan
02-04-2006, 3:47 PM
Vaughn, perhaps if you had bought beer that had some taste (and I certainly do not mean the stuff that comes in big name cans :p ) and limited yourself to a couple of pints per time, you would still be drinking it. :D Drinking it in moderation, of course. :)
Yeah, I'm weird about good beers. I have indeed had beer from a number of good micro breweries, and a variety of imports, but for some reason I always preferred the flavor (or perhaps lack thereof) of the light "water" beers.

(And it was the "drinking in moderation" part that became difficult for me, so the easy fix was to stop altogether. ;) :) )

- Vaughn

Steve Ash
02-04-2006, 4:42 PM
My oldest drinks guinness and had offerred me a bottle a while back....never again, too strong for my tastes.

Now I like beers other than bud lt. or busch lt....in fact I prefer Killians or Amberbock, and we have a great micro brewery close by and I always enjoy making a trip over there, but since my mother in law retired from Anheuser Busch I have always supported her employer, not to mention the freebies she has given me over the years.

Either way it was great to "split a beer" with my friend and fellow creeker Larry Merlau.:cool:

Jim Dunn
02-04-2006, 4:53 PM
I like O'dools for the same reason Vaughn mentioned. 29yrs alcohol free:) Now if I could just quit smoking I'd just have one vice:eek::eek::eek::rolleyes: I'm just about to old for it anyway:mad:

Jim

Andy Hoyt
02-04-2006, 5:02 PM
I'll drink any kind of beer - any time. As long as it's cold and says Prinz Brau or Anchor Steam on the label.

This limitation automatically precludes any hop saturated swamp water in a can.

Jim Dunn
02-04-2006, 5:31 PM
Anchor Stream?? Ain't that the runoff from Anchor Seal? Coat you insides Andy you'll never dry out.:)

Andy Hoyt
02-04-2006, 6:28 PM
No way Jim. Anchor Steam (http://www.anchorbrewing.com/) is the real deal.

But I'll admit I'm way out of touch. Turns out Prinz Brau stopped brewing in 1979. Drats!