PDA

View Full Version : Delta 93.5" bandsaw blade

Anthony Tony Ennis
09-26-2023, 8:08 PM
It's time for new blades. What are your favorite brands and types? I have a 14" Delta (93.5" blade)

Curt Harms
09-27-2023, 10:18 AM
I'm kind of partial toward bimetal blades right now, Lenox DieMaster. They seem to last a fair bit longer than carbon steel blades and don't cost that much more. I've looked for Olson MVP, another bimetal blade but those don't seem to be as readily available as Lenox. I have used SuperCut bandsaw blades Premium Gold blades which are I think comparable to bimetal blades. SuperCut does claim to be USA made, not sure about Lenox.

John TenEyck
09-27-2023, 8:44 PM
I like Olson MVP and Starrett. You can order Olson blades directly from them. Starrett, I'm not sure. I got mine from a friend several years ago. As for size, I leave a 1/4" x 6 tpi or 3/8" x 4 tpi on it 90% of the time.

John

Bruce Wrenn
09-27-2023, 8:50 PM
I'm kind of partial toward bimetal blades right now, Lenox DieMaster. They seem to last a fair bit longer than carbon steel blades and don't cost that much more. Cutting out Toys for Tots cars from 2X4's, I got around 3500 linear feet of cutting from first blade (8,000 car bodies.) Now I'm on my second blade. The first fatigued itself to death, and broke (not at the weld.) Was sharp when it broke.