PDA

View Full Version : Craftext CT 128N Variable Speed Lathe

Frank Denny
09-25-2023, 4:11 PM
My Craftex CT 128N lathe quit yesterday. The only indication of power is when you turn the lathe on, the spindle speed indicator lights up. Had the 2 breakers on the panel checked and they seem OK. Took the cover off the inverter panel and found a little 20 amp 250 volt fuse that was blown. Could not find the exact same but tried a 35 amp 250 volt. Still no response.
I think this lathe is similar to most off shore built lathes. Any ideas what i should check next, anyone have a similar problem.
Have a call into the company I bought it from but no response as yet. I am afraid, as lathe is 13 years old, no electrical parts will be available

Frank Denny
09-25-2023, 5:09 PM
put in 2 new fuses in circuit board and both blow instantly when switch turned on

Richard Coers
09-25-2023, 8:02 PM
It's pretty sketchy to use 2 breakers in the panel. Putting an oversized fuse in the VFD could smoke the entire VFD, lucky you didn't do that! I'd get a multimeter and start checking switches. Pretty common situation for switches on lathes to fill with sawdust and then not close the circuit.