PDA

View Full Version : Makita LS1013 won't adjust left/right bevel

Hillary Marks
09-21-2023, 12:52 PM
I have a LIKE NEW - really! Makita LS1013 that I've used a hand full of times and I'm the original owner. Today I needed to adjust the left right bevel tilt for the 1st time. It won't move past 5 degrees left or right. It might be broken and came from the factory this way. Any ideas about how to resolve, before I get in my car and drive an hour to drop it at Makita?

I loosened the main bolt and it should move more than 5 degrees, right? I need another 40 degrees....lol.

So far, I've loosened & tightened all the screws and now they are back in what I believe are their original positions.

Cameron Wood
09-21-2023, 1:25 PM
Any fences out of the way? cutting head in up position? Check for wood chips lodged, preventing movement.

Hillary Marks
09-21-2023, 2:26 PM
Any fences out of the way? cutting head in up position? Check for wood chips lodged, preventing movement.

Thanks for your reply,

No fences in the way, cutting head in down position (isn't it supposed to be down?), no wood chips.

Cameron Wood
09-21-2023, 3:13 PM
Adjust with the head up. There may be a detent- push harder to get past the 5˚ point.

Hillary Marks
09-21-2023, 3:42 PM
Adjust with the head up. There may be a detent- push harder to get past the 5˚ point.

YOU ARE CORRECT!!!! There is a detent! I was just about to head out the door. You just saved me 2 hours drive time + gas!!! Thank you. It worked! DUGH!

Cameron Wood
09-21-2023, 9:19 PM
Happy sawing.