PDA

View Full Version : Third Party Purchases

Dave Fritz
09-18-2023, 11:36 AM
I've heard of people having trouble getting refunds for returned items to third party sellers on Amazon but I just had one with Walmart. I ordered and returned a blood pressure cuff from a seller I didn't realize was a third party seller on Walmart. When no refund was forthcoming I disputed the VISA charge only to be denied and told by Walmart I had to contact the third party seller. Lucky that I had documentation showing they got the item back through Fed Ex and when I called them, was told they'd credit my account. I'm not sure why they didn't notify Walmart where my money went originally? Hoping to see the money soon on my VISA statement.

Dave Fritz
09-18-2023, 8:18 PM
So now I get a credit on my credit card from Walmart in the correct amount. Crazy I had to contact their third party seller, they didn't bother I guess. Interestingly I purchased a better unit from the same company directly and it works perfectly and cheaper than Walmart had it listed for. May as well go to the source right away and cut out the middle men resellers - Walmart and Amazon.

Bruce Wrenn
09-18-2023, 8:43 PM
I'm finding that Walmart.com doesn't always have the best price. Last time I sear checked, Walmart.com was TWICE what other vendors wanted for same exact item.

Doug Garson
09-18-2023, 8:58 PM
Yes it's worth checking prices and not assuming Amazon or others have the best price. For example currently Amazon wants $44 Cnd for 2 oz of Starbond medium while Lee Valley, best known for quality prices and great service not necessarily best prices has it for $16.50 Cnd.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-18-2023, 10:31 PM
I had a similar issue on a 3rd party company selling through JC Penny. After I made several attempts to recover the losses, I contacted Pennys. They tried and failed to get any resolution through the 3rd party and then reimbursed me for the expenses I had occurred. I got back every cent I had spent.

Bruce Page
09-18-2023, 11:46 PM
I avoid third party purchases on Amazon like the plague unless it’s a well known vendor. LOML doesn’t pay any attention and has been burned more than once. So far, she has always been able to get things resolved but not without some headache.