PDA

View Full Version : This warning saved my life (sarcasm)

Malcolm Schweizer
08-31-2023, 8:09 AM
I was just about to use my table saw to cut up a bunch of metal and concrete. Thank goodness I saw this warning label for my new saw blade.

Something had to have actually happened for this label to be necessary. Which one of you was it?

Brian Runau
08-31-2023, 8:42 AM
I was just about to use my table saw to cut up a bunch of metal and concrete. Thank goodness I saw this warning label for my new saw blade.

Something had to have actually happened for this label to be necessary. Which one of you was it?

CYA by attorney. Sad but necessary. brian

mike calabrese
08-31-2023, 9:15 AM
Ignorance can be cured stupid is forever if you don't believe that just see the warnings compiled in this list.
https://www.rrcs.org/Downloads/silly_warning_labels_list2.pdf
calabrese55

Andrew More
08-31-2023, 9:25 AM
Metal might include aluminum, which I hear people suggesting all the time. The top warning is the one that gets me. "Avoid coming into contact with wood knots"?!?!?! What type of blade did you buy, a paper one? And what's up with the "Avoid running into nails or screws obscured from view" Nobody wants to run into those if they can help it.

Edward Weber
08-31-2023, 9:47 AM
The message should be included the people that inspired the warning, not the blade.
A tattoo maybe

Tom M King
08-31-2023, 9:49 AM
I enjoyed the label on this.

"If you don't understand the label, find someone to explain it to you in detail"
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HHS7EW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Brian Elfert
08-31-2023, 11:17 AM
I like the bottle of acetaminophen I bought a while back. It says in big bold red letters on the top of the lid "Contains Acetaminophen". I sure hope a bottle of acetaminophen contains acetaminophen! About as stupid as a jar of peanut butter having a warning that it contains peanuts.

Rick Potter
09-01-2023, 1:58 PM
I routinely cut concrete blocks on my Saw Stop table saw, using a Forrest WW2. A little dusty, but very handy to have the right tools for the job. :cool:

Bill Dufour
09-01-2023, 3:16 PM
That metal and concrete dust probably causes cancer here.
I had a corded drill that warned not to use if it did not run.
Bill D

Doug Garson
09-01-2023, 3:23 PM
Years ago I cut a bunch of paving stones on my Craftsman RAS using a stone cutting blade. I did it outside with a fan blowing the dust away. I suffered no ill effects but it destroyed the RAS motor and I had to have it rewound. Concrete dust is nasty.

Brian Elfert
09-01-2023, 3:28 PM
I apparently wrecked a Makita brushless grinder by cutting just a little bit of concrete with a diamond blade. I haven't had a chance to take it apart to see if it can be salvaged.

Tom M King
09-02-2023, 2:07 PM
There was no warning label against this, so I assumed it was okay. I've done it a number of times and consider the cheap 4-1/2" grinders disposable. I don't need one often enough to buy a real one.