PDA

View Full Version : Incra LS TS Fence Question

tim walker
08-29-2023, 1:37 PM
I have a 52" SawStop PCS saw (3 hp) I am contemplating an Incra LS TS positioner for the saw as I have one on my router table. My question is since I tend to hoard the unused portion of my table top, the positioner will be in the way and could get damaged. If I slide the fence all the way to the far right hand side to clear the table top, the fence carrier now protrudes like 40+" past the end of the extension table. Has anyone had these issues or concerns that actually own one? THX

Greg Parrish
08-29-2023, 2:59 PM
I just put one on my PCS 36" saw a few months ago. I ordered the 52" setup from Incra but used it a little different. I have the Sawstop router table to left of the blade. The 52" model fits almost perfectly in this configuration. I ended up cutting the rails to fit flush with each end of the saw, so I removed about 6 to 8 inches from each one. No issues so far. I don't leave mine extended unless I'm using it though because I don't have the space. When not being used, I pull the fence back near the blade which keeps everything on/over the table.

Here are some pictures from when I first set it up. Hard to tell the size as the pictures have some fisheye distortion in them but the total length is around 84 to 86 inches long.

Also, with a little work you can mount the JessEm guides so that they will tuck out of the way when not in use. The Incra/JessEm mount blocks won't allow the guides to clear the fence face. A wood mount riser with a relief cut on the back for the center guide rail allows you to position them properly. Just sharing in case you take the leap.

Christopher Charles
08-29-2023, 4:14 PM
I had the 52" version on a PM saw for years and loved everything about it....except the two issues you bring up. The fence is just a space hog, both on the table and with the bar extending out when doing wide cuts. I sold it when I got a PCS and honestly haven't missed it, but also don't do work where it is critical to repeat exact dimensions. So it could be an actual upgrade or not depending on the type of work you do and the size of your shop.

Best,
Chris

Michael Burnside
08-29-2023, 4:27 PM
I looked long and hard at the Incra solution, but decided to go another way. I really just needed a few stops for repeat cuts and a means of micro adjusting the fence on my PCS to sneak up on a perfect cut. I ended up going with the Woodpeckers Rip-Flip setup. It's a solid setup, takes 30 minutes to install and is well built. I was able to use it extensively last weekend on my current project and it worked great. It was exactly what I was looking for.