PDA

View Full Version : Running with Creeker turners can ruin your reputation!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-01-2006, 7:31 PM
I am in my 30th year of working with radiologists, RTs and radiology department managers. This like many other professions is one where integrity is one of the greatest factors you can have. Today as I spoke to them about yesterday's bomb........the look of disbelief on their faces said my integrity was in question.:rolleyes:

I actually had one RT who operates an MR scanner at a site insist that Jet was going to use this as an advertising scheme...........I told him "No.....just a bunch of generous people.......friends......wanting to do something nice."

I want to say this one last time..............Thanks to all for your generosity and more importantly your friendship!

That's what separates the Creek from other sites!

George Conklin
02-01-2006, 7:39 PM
No, Ken. You've got it just a little wrong. It's running with tweakers that can ruin your reputation.

Creekers are a good thing:D .

George

John Hart
02-01-2006, 7:56 PM
Ain't it funny that when a good thing happens, the reflex is to assume there's a gimmick.:rolleyes: Well....there usually IS a gimmick, but not this time.

Ken....We just like you.:) You've always been a great influence and your input is always sought and welcomed. We just wanted you around more often!!!;)

Jim Dunn
02-01-2006, 7:57 PM
Ken all we did was insure your additiction:eek::eek::eek: Maybe we can be prosecuted in Idaho, I'm not sure, in fact I never heard of ya:p.

Use it in good health and stay away from that Andy guy!!;) Don't believe em when they say gin has no odor:cool:

Jim

Keith Burns
02-01-2006, 8:07 PM
What John said:)

Bernie Weishapl
02-01-2006, 8:11 PM
Ken we just wanted you around here a lot more. I enjoy reading your posts. You have to watch out for Andy though. Ken I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and look forward to seeing some good stuff. Have fun my friend.

Karl Laustrup
02-01-2006, 8:21 PM
Ken, I'm not sure who got more pleasure from this whole thing. I know I got a nice warm feeling waiting to see the delivery was official, knowing I had a small part in this.

Use it often and post whatever comes off of it. Even the bad stuff. Every time you post something from that lathe, I'll remember what a fun time we had and what a great guy you are.

Karl

Corey Hallagan
02-01-2006, 8:21 PM
I hope you have a blast with it Ken! Enjoy!

Corey

Andy Hoyt
02-01-2006, 8:26 PM
Ken all we did was ensure your additiction .....
Jim nailed it. I'm actually a black marketeer of cheap Peruvian flake skews and gouges. Now that you're hooked, your first three tools will be free, then we slowly ramp things up over time. One day you'll have no choice but to hand over the deed to that fine looking shop you just built for me.:D

Ken - Those quacks over at the hostible are just jealous. Be sure to rub it in some more tomorrow.

Michael Stafford
02-01-2006, 8:41 PM
I think it is unfortunate that acts of kindness by strangers are so rare these days that when they happen people look upon them with skepticism. I had a boss a long time ago that thought doing kind things for the right reasons was the way you earned "coupons", tickets to heaven. I don't know if he was right but I sure was heartened to see all the "coupons" that were earned by my friends on the Creek. Ken I hope you enjoy your new lathe.:D

Travis Stinson
02-01-2006, 8:57 PM
Ken, enjoy it my friend!
A lil tip.......

Even with a full faceshield, try to keep that grin under control.......if a chip from some exotic flies in your mouth:eek: .................................well, we won't go there!;) :D

Curt Fuller
02-01-2006, 9:01 PM
Hey Ken, I'm new around here and I, well I wouldn't know you if you walked up and kicked me in the butt. But you must be one heck of a great guy to have stirred so much of a commotion around here. And all these guys and gals that did this must be right up there with you. I wasn't a participant but I sure enjoyed being a spectator.

David Fried
02-01-2006, 9:04 PM
Actually it's a chain lathe. Please send lathes to the next five people on the list or your oatmeal will turn out lumpy :eek:

Really, ENJOY IT!!!

Why do I envision you x-raying your bowls to make sure the thickness is uniform?

Dave Fried

Bob Noles
02-01-2006, 9:11 PM
Ken,

You have this all wrong! Where else on earth could we have had that much fun for 3 days for so little $ :D :D :D :p :p :p

Ken... you, if anyone are deserving of the friends you have here... I am proud to be one of them.

Now... show us your stuff :)

Steve Ash
02-01-2006, 9:19 PM
Ken, I'm not sure who got more pleasure from this whole thing. I know I got a nice warm feeling waiting to see the delivery was official, knowing I had a small part in this.

I agree with this, and I was glued off and on to the computer waiting for it to happen. I even asked John M. to please call me when it happened if I wasn't around at the "moment".

Jim Ketron
02-01-2006, 9:51 PM
Enjoy Bud!

Bruce Shiverdecker
02-01-2006, 10:02 PM
As if I hadn't been spending a lot of time in front of the computer. I had to tell my wife what was going on to save having to go through a divorce.

BTW, I AM sorry, if we stirred anyones feathers the wrong way. BUT, it was worth it.

Bruce

Dale Thompson
02-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Ken,
I don't know what the problem is but every time I try to get some sleep, I keep seeing the number 045781840580756 flying across the ceiling with an undefined "threat" assigned to it! :) :eek: Anyway, we have all survived and are better for the experience. ;) :)

Dale T.

Don Baer
02-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Ken,
I don't know what the problem is but every time I try to get some sleep, I keep seeing the number 045781840580756 flying across the ceiling with an undefined "threat" assigned to it! :) :eek: Anyway, we have all survived and are better for the experience. ;) :)

Dale T.

Im wit you dale

Dale Thompson
02-01-2006, 10:35 PM
BTW, I AM sorry, if we stirred anyones feathers the wrong way. BUT, it was worth it. Bruce

Bruce,
I was "Irritated" also and I was aware of what was going on. :) Heart, Hoyt and Spring were acting like little kids staying up all night to EXPOSE Santa. :eek: :( They even "pulled the trigger" two weeks before their promised deadline. :( I will try to forgive them and I hope that you will do the same! ;) :) :D

Dale T.

Bruce Shiverdecker
02-01-2006, 10:46 PM
I learned along time ago NOT TO HOLD GRUDGES. IT's NEVER worth it. Life is too short. Therefore, I WISH ALL ON THE CREEK THE BEST!

Bruce

Karl Laustrup
02-02-2006, 4:48 AM
Ken,

Dale T.

Awwww Pesh, I almost had that number erased from my memory [can't remember hardly anything, but I can remember a 15 digit number]. :o

That's the number of sheep I was up to before the landing. :D :D

Karl

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
02-02-2006, 5:30 AM
Ken, you are one lucky guy to have so many friends!

I have to say, you need to quit fooling with this place, bolt that sucker down, and get turning!!

We want to se ROUND stuff........... NOW!!

:D

John Miliunas
02-02-2006, 8:08 AM
Don't mind me...I'm still trying to backfill that big old hole I dug for the shelter. :) Next time, if you guys don't mind, instead of waiting for a bomb to go off, how about we wait for a rosebud to bloom or something nice and quiet like that??? :D Have fun Ken!!! :) :cool:

Mike Burkeen
02-02-2006, 8:24 AM
Good things happen to good people ... so that would make you ... good people.

Richard Gillespie
02-02-2006, 8:25 AM
I had no idea of what was happening until the bomb landed. At one point you joined in right behind me as stating you were in the dark. Somehow though, reading between the lines, you knew you were ground zero. It's reallly nice when friends do things like this for friends.

Enjoy the addiction. As a newly addicted turner, I sure do. My thanks for this in particular go to Bruce S.

Rick

Steve Clardy
02-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Ken,

Dale T.

Same here:eek: ;) :D

Sparky Paessler
02-02-2006, 10:32 AM
Ken

Hope you enjoy it! They should really just give the lathes away so that you will buy all the tools and chucks you need to go with them.:rolleyes:
Have fun!

Mark Patoka
02-02-2006, 10:52 AM
If you have to be a "victim" of a practical joke, this is the place to be!

Keith Christopher
02-02-2006, 6:47 PM
Ken,

You're welcome! AND where are the turnings ? Lets get some dust around your shop from that thing !

Dale Thompson
02-04-2006, 7:06 PM
how about we wait for a rosebud to bloom or something nice and quiet like that??? :D

"TIPTOE THROUGH THE TULIPS WITH SPRING!!"

Egads, bud, at least Benton Falls had the common decency to make BOTH of his faces look the same!! :cool: But no - not you! :rolleyes: One side is a cool mean-eyed Badger wearing a cheesehead at a very macho angle and a realistic looking wax mustache. :) :cool: The other side, however, gives me a vision Tiny Tim and other stuff. :( :confused: Are you trying to get on the Johnny Carson Show, or what?? :) :eek:

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
02-04-2006, 7:11 PM
That's the number of sheep I was up to before the landing. :D :D
Karl

Hey Dells,
MAN! You must have a lot more toes, fingers and teeth than I have!! :eek:

Did your parents live close to a Nuclear Plant?? :confused: ;) :D

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
02-04-2006, 7:48 PM
Same here:eek: ;) :D

Steve,
I'm sure glad that a PRETTY guy like you agrees with me!! ;) If I may ask: How many cranial megaamps does it take to awaken your inner self?? :) ;) :D

Dale T.

John Miliunas
02-04-2006, 7:53 PM
"TIPTOE THROUGH THE TULIPS WITH SPRING!!"

Egads, bud, at least Benton Falls had the common decency to make BOTH of his faces look the same!! :cool: But no - not you! :rolleyes: One side is a cool mean-eyed Badger wearing a cheesehead at a very macho angle and a realistic looking wax mustache. :) :cool: The other side, however, gives me a vision Tiny Tim and other stuff. :( :confused: Are you trying to get on the Johnny Carson Show, or what??

Dale T.

Ahhhh, dang it, Dale. I shaved the mustache and that's what I found under it!!! :eek: The brain is mush anyway, so it's rather appropriate, no? :D :cool:

Andy Hoyt
02-04-2006, 7:56 PM
John - Now you're beginning to look like a cross between a cheesehead and The Grinch.

But at least a Happy Grinch.

Karl Laustrup
02-04-2006, 7:58 PM
Hey Dells,
MAN! You must have a lot more toes, fingers and teeth than I have!! :eek:

Did your parents live close to a Nuclear Plant?? :confused: ;) :D

Dale T.

32 toes and fingers and 10 teeth. Same as everybody else. :confused: :D

No we were from 4 mile island just off of 7 mile creek.

Karl