PDA

View Full Version : Wood Lathe Shield - any idea what this is worth?

mark ahlenius
08-16-2023, 1:50 PM
Hi all,

my local wood turning club is having a "garage sale" tonite and I was thinking about what i could get rid of to help unclutter our basement. I have this shield system which was mounted to my old Delta Milwaukee lathe when I purchased it. I've never used it and don't really want it. Anyone give me an idea what this is worth? I believe the plastic is lexan, but could be wrong. This unit would require someone to mount this either to the lathe bed (like mine was) or to a stand behind the lathe.
The shields do fold up to get out of the way and the wire grating easily detaches if not needed.

Any help estimating what to ask for this would be greatly appreciated.

Added: I just found this link and it looks like its a Magnum safety shield, new at about $279

"https://www.kmstools.com/magnum-industrial-wood-lathe-safety-guard.html"

Still I am not sure if these are valuable things to have - perhaps for industrial purposes or schools?

thank you

'mark

Bill Howatt
08-16-2023, 2:42 PM
IMO, woodturning club and other demos should have such a device. You will never find me sitting up-close and personal in front of the lathe at demos.

Richard Coers
08-16-2023, 3:10 PM
Those are usually taken off at the lathe assembly and never used again. $20 at the most in my opinion.

mark ahlenius
08-16-2023, 4:16 PM
thaniks - Agreed.