PDA

View Full Version : Trend Airshield question

Rob Blaustein
02-01-2006, 6:38 PM
Hey you Trend Airshield fans, I know you're out there--I'm about to order one from Allprotools and had a question about accessories. Do you end up running through the visor overlays and is it worth considering the:

Trend Woodturners Spare Pack Model# AIR/WSP
Contains:
(1) THP-2 Filter
(3) Pre-Filters
(10) Clear Visor Overlays
(1) Replacement Face Sealfor around $60? Or should I be fine with just the basic unit. I don't do any turning. I've also considered the extra battery, but I'm not sure how often I'll really need to use it for more than 4 hrs in a row.

Thanks in advance.

Joe Blankshain
02-01-2006, 6:55 PM
Rob,

I bought the unit, the spare pack module and the extra battery and have no regrets. If you are spraying on finishes it works great and you will use bot the spare battery and the overlays. Hope this helps

Karl Laustrup
02-01-2006, 8:36 PM
When I got mine I just ordered the spare battery. It's come in handy a couple of times. Not that I had worked out in the shop long enough in one session, but rather I started to work and the battery died. Didn't have to compromise protection waiting for the battery to charge.

I also just recently ordered the spare pack module. I'd order it now instead of waiting. At least you save the extra shipping.

My $1.398 worth.

Karl

Jim Becker
02-01-2006, 8:38 PM
I didn't buy the accessories, but can see how they might be needed in the future if I were to actually get a lot of turning time!

BTW, I really enjoy this product. It's comfortable to wear (I sometimes forget it's on when I reach for my water glass... :) ) and for that reason I actually wear it for the larger percentage of my turning time. 'Never did that with a regular full-face shield for a number of reasons, including fogging and dust accumulation. The Trend doesn't seem to annoy me optically, either...my safety glasses with the cheaters work as expected under the shield.