PDA

View Full Version : Sale-ing on Saturday

Rob Luter
08-12-2023, 2:48 PM
Just north of us in Michigan is US highway 12. It runs East-West across the state. Every year at this time a statewide garage sale is held along US 12 (https://www.us12heritagetrail.org/garage_sale.asp). Every year, we take a morning to go see the circus. We’ll generally start in Union MI and head West, have lunch in Niles MI and head back East. It’s become a real craptacular event, with antique dealers picking the good stuff off the first day, and most of the remaining wares being junk. Every now and then we’ll find a gem. I saw this B&D Workmate covered with dust in a pile of other stuff. How much? Ten bucks. Sold. I hosed it off when I got home and while it’s seen some use, there’s not a spot of rust.

Bruce Page
08-12-2023, 4:22 PM
Sweet! It looks brand new.

Jim Koepke
08-12-2023, 4:47 PM
Nice find.

jtk

steven c newman
08-12-2023, 5:02 PM
Last weekend..The World's Longest Yard was over on Route 127 six states long? Right between Pay Days...Grrrr.

I have a Type 2 WorkMate out in the shed....have replace the de-laminated plywood top with new, solid wood.

It is better to find those older models....as what sells now a days is a bit too flimsy...

Rob Luter
08-12-2023, 5:28 PM
We did the 127 sale a few years ago. We went from Tennessee to Northern Ohio. I scored many sweet tools on that trip. My bride found many treasures too. I think Jim Koepke now has the #146 I snagged that week. It was part of the great plane purge a few years back. It had “Muzzy” engraved on the fence as I recall. In retrospect I wish I’d kept it and bought a set of cutters. C’est la vie.

Jim Koepke
08-12-2023, 5:42 PM
I think Jim Koepke now has the #146 I snagged that week.

Not me, I think I bought a Millers Falls Cigar Shave from you.

jtk

Rob Luter
08-12-2023, 6:08 PM
Not me, I think is bought a Millers Falls Cigar Shave from you.

jtk

Hmmm? I’ll need to think harder. I know it was a Creeker of Long Standing. Maybe it was Steven.