PDA

View Full Version : Psi

Bernie Weishapl
02-01-2006, 5:41 PM
Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble ordering and getting their order in a timely manner from PSI? I have a order from them and can't track it plus they won't answer their phones.:mad: Their phone when you call now for 2 days has said the mailbox is full on both the order and tech support line. I ordered a big order on 12/09 and it didn't get to me till 12/23. Another order was on 12/13 and didn't get it till 12/30. Another one on 12/19 and didn't get it till 1/12. I just ordered one more time hoping it was just the holidays but it is not. I still don't have that order. It doesn't even show up on their tracking. This is going to be my last order from them. I don't want to wait 2 weeks or more for it to come in every time you order. There is no reason for it. :mad: I ordered the same day from Woodcraft and Packard Woodworks and got both in 3 to 4 days later.

Ok I feel better.

Jim Dunn
02-01-2006, 5:47 PM
Bernie I've only had 1 experience with PSI and it was good. I ordered a chuck and it arrived the day they said it would. One order does not make me an expert on this subject at all.

Might I ask did you order something unique? Maybe that has slowed down delivery time.

As to not answering the phone, I've delt with a few firms that treated me like that, ONCE, then I was off to a new company.

Jim

Bernie Weishapl
02-01-2006, 5:52 PM
Jim these were scapers 1 1/2" round nose and 3/4" square. She even told me they were in stock. I even said I hope I don't have to wait 2 or more weeks for the order. She said I'll see what I can do. Every one of the orders I have placed with them they have told me the items were in stock. Like I said I will deal elsewhere.

George Conklin
02-01-2006, 5:52 PM
Sorry to hear about the late order. I know what it's like to be waiting. It's almost like watching water, waiting for it to boil.

I hope you get your goodies real quick like.

George

Bob Noles
02-01-2006, 6:05 PM
Bernie,

This is very typical of PSI's reputation from what I have heard from several other places. I have ordered from them 2-3 times and it has always been slow, but not quite as slow as your experience. I have made it a point to try to find my needs elsewhere and with a little looking, that has been easy :)

Howz that DNA bowl doing?

Bernie Weishapl
02-01-2006, 6:13 PM
Bob going to try to turn them Sunday. Hopefully they will come out ok. No cracks after 2 weeks. I will try to find what I need elsewhere after this.

Ernie Nyvall
02-01-2006, 7:07 PM
Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble ordering and getting their order in a timely manner from PSI? I have a order from them and can't track it plus they won't answer their phones.:mad: Their phone when you call now for 2 days has said the mailbox is full on both the order and tech support line. I ordered a big order on 12/09 and it didn't get to me till 12/23. Another order was on 12/13 and didn't get it till 12/30. Another one on 12/19 and didn't get it till 1/12. I just ordered one more time hoping it was just the holidays but it is not. I still don't have that order. It doesn't even show up on their tracking. This is going to be my last order from them. I don't want to wait 2 weeks or more for it to come in every time you order. There is no reason for it. :mad: I ordered the same day from Woodcraft and Packard Woodworks and got both in 3 to 4 days later.

Ok I feel better.

And what was it that Einstein said the definition of insanity is?:D :D Sorry Bernie, I just couldn't resist. That's a tough break on those orders. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Ernie

Bernie Weishapl
02-01-2006, 7:16 PM
Yea I know Erinie. Some of us it takes longer to figure it out.:confused: :rolleyes: :D

Andy Hoyt
02-01-2006, 8:08 PM
This is not the first thread I've read with the same complaint about PSI. Never bought from them, and likely won't ever, now that this is a recurring theme.

Just too many other purveyors out there who know the value of service.

Sometimes you pay a tad more for it. But hey, five bucks saved over even two weeks works out to a no brainer to me.

Spend more - turn sooner.

Corey Hallagan
02-01-2006, 8:19 PM
No Bernie, It wasn't just the holiday. It took over month for the my lathe and starter set to make it. I had to order some other junk and it finally showed up. I ended up ordering some new chisels last night, we will see how that goes! May be the last for me as well. Then again, I ordered a 60 degree live center from Grizzl y, it was bad and had to return it and haven't gottem my replacement yet, been 3 weeks since then! Not my month!!

Corey

Mike Ramsey
02-01-2006, 9:18 PM
Bernie, if you go to the e-way bid place and type in wood lathe
you will see a bunch of stuff including srapers, gouges of all sizes from
a couple of people. These tools are the Benjamin Best tools HSS, now
here's the funny part, the starting bids or buy it now are the same price
listed at PSI...When you get your order from them usually in 4 or 5 days
it comes in a PSI pouch!! I thought that was kinda funny.....paying
what I thought was a cheaper price but actually it's the same with
shipping..... Anyway If my thinking on this is right...faster to buy
from them on the e-way store......

Darryl Masterson
02-01-2006, 11:13 PM
I ordered from PSI once and have the same issue as you trying to get them on the phone. I got my order after a week or so, but didn't really get the "warm & fuzzy" feeling when dealing with them. At the recommedation here and Woodnet, I started buying stuff from Woodturningz and they are great. I get my orders from them in just 2-3 days after placing the order.

good luck.

Bernie Weishapl
02-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Thanks for all your comments. It is just irritating when you order something it takes forever to get it and they are the only ones I have had trouble with. I placed 4 orders that same day and I have 2 of them already and one is due tomorrow. Thanks again.

Jason Christenson
02-02-2006, 10:32 AM
I have ordered from them three times and never received my order in less than two weeks. I'm not saying I won't ever order from them again but if I do, it won't be anything I need in a hurry!

Andy Hoyt
02-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Bernie - How many times does one have to smack themselves in the face with a hammer to know that it hurts?

John Shuk
02-02-2006, 11:01 AM
I guess we are all used to the instant gratification we get from the internet. Remember the days when it was 6 to 8 weeks to get something. No way to track at all. I've been happy w/ PSI for the most part. I don't live terribly far though. I've had Craft Supply take a long time.

Ron Ainge
02-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Bernie

I have never ordered form those people and I don't order very much form catalog houses, but I hane met most of the people who work and Craft Supply USA in Provo, Utah through a couple of shows that they have done in this area and through going to the Utah Symposiun. They are very nice people and they try very hard to make everyone happy. I have placed two orders with them, one on line and one by phone. Both orders were recieved within one week. That only gives them five shipping days. I like there service and if I cannot get the things I need locally I will go to them first.

Bernie Weishapl
02-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Bernie - How many times does one have to smack themselves in the face with a hammer to know that it hurts?

Well Andy I guess you have to smack a Weisnhimer 4 times to make it hurt.:(

Anyway just got a e-mail from them saying they shipped my scrapers. I just can't believe it takes 6 days to ship a order when the stuff is in stock. Oh well. I was hoping to have them by this weekend but won't get them till 2/07 according to the tracking.

Thanks again for the comments. I appreciate it.

Jim Sample
02-02-2006, 3:38 PM
Bernie--- I had the same service before Christmas which was their story12-14 days from phone order, all in stock. I ordered the next Monday from CSUSA and was here 4th day. I finally called PSI and told them I already had an order from CSUSA, with no response . Thats about it for them, from me.

Jim Sample

Harry Goodwin
02-02-2006, 4:40 PM
I have ordered and purchased a lot of stuff from PSI. I Have never had a problem except when I ordered something that was a new item and sometimes they were backordered. Those were mail free. For some reasons I have had no trouble with calling them or tech support. If one sales person meets your needs call her back. Harry