PDA

View Full Version : First Post - WW in Action

Brian Strandt
02-01-2006, 1:00 PM
I have been a long time lurker and finally decided become a participant. I have learned so much from this forum and have admired some of the incredible work done by other members. As a relative newbie and mostly self taught ww this site is a great resource, thank you.

Now to my question. I subscribed to WW in Action which is a dvd ww "videomagazine". It is hosted by Graham Blackburn and has ten to twelve articles from shop tours and interviews with woodworkers to demonstrations. Has anyone else seen this? If so what is your opinion of it? So far I like it. One very interesting item in this issue was a tour of Steve Heller's Fabulous Furniture, lots of old iron, a Martin sliding TS and a 24" Oliver jointer to name a few and junk and wood everywhere.

Cecil Arnold
02-01-2006, 1:20 PM
Welcome to the creek Brian, you have joined a great bunch of woodworkers.

Rob Russell
02-01-2006, 2:28 PM
Welcome Brian. Can't answer your question, though.

David Duke
02-01-2006, 2:52 PM
Welcom to the 'Creek Brian, I haven't seen or heard of the dvd you mentioned.

Jim Becker
02-01-2006, 2:54 PM
Welcome, Brian...pull up a stump and chat as much as you want!

The DVD series that I'm familiar with is "Woodworking at Home"...I've not heard of the one you mention.

Bernie Weishapl
02-01-2006, 2:58 PM
Welcome Brian. Lots of good folks and lots of knowledge.

David Pettibone
02-01-2006, 3:10 PM
Welcome Brian and :) enjoy your stay! I too have never heard of that DVD series, only the one that Jim spoke of. Let us know if you find the whereabouts of it, :) I'd be interested in it also. Thanks! By the way, what state are you in? Take care.

David

Jason Tuinstra
02-01-2006, 4:10 PM
Brian, good to have you here. Never heard of the magazine, but anytime you can put moving pictures and wwing together, I'm for it! The pictures move here too, you just have to move the scroll bar really quick. :p :D

Christopher Pine
02-01-2006, 4:20 PM
I am also familiar and subscribe to "woodworking at home" videozine. I have been for a year or so and I like it very much... People like "Dick SIng" and others well known to there craft have been on it and I enjoy it. I have never heard of the one you mention but on first glance it looks like it might be good as well.

Welcome to the Creek! Best bunch of folks on the net!

Chris

Steve Clardy
02-01-2006, 5:29 PM
Welcome Brian!!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-01-2006, 5:37 PM
Welcome to the Creek Brian! Neat place to exchange information! Wade right in the water's fine!

Brian Strandt
02-02-2006, 4:16 PM
Thanks to all for the welcome.
To answer some of your questions I live in Shorewood, WI which is the first burb north of Milwaukee.
For anyone who is interested there is a website woodworkinginaction.com to check out more about the dvd. I was sent a card in the mail and subscribed because who can have too much woodworking information?:)

Mark Rios
02-02-2006, 5:06 PM
I did a search and here is the addy:

http://www.woodworkinginaction.com/

John Bailey
02-02-2006, 5:10 PM
Brian,

Welcome to the "Creek." As you know if you been lurking, this is a great site. The WW DVD seems very interesting. I'll be interested in hearing more.

John

Jim Hager
02-02-2006, 5:14 PM
Welcome to the creek. Glad to see you come out of hiding. ;) True that there is a vast amount of knowledge and talent gathered here. We look forward to your input.

Jack Hogoboom
02-03-2006, 3:32 PM
Brian,

You already did your good deed!!! I checked out the link, watched a preview and liked what I saw. Lots of very highly regarded woodworkers appear to be involved as content providers. Called up and bought a subscription. According to the guy I spoke to, they have only recently started publishing and have been to a few woodworking shows (Columbus, Baltimore, Edison) to start promoting. Apparently, come September, they will go to a six-issue per annum schedule.

I love Woodworking at Home. The DVD format works particularly well for woodworking, where it is easier to understand a technique by seeing it than it is to read about it. This new entry looks more like a "Woodworks" style magazine in DVD format. It may very well bear watching.

Welcome aboard and thanks for the tip!!

Jack

tod evans
02-03-2006, 3:38 PM
welcome brian!