PDA

View Full Version : Craigs list search for those near the border

Bill Dufour
07-31-2023, 2:13 PM
Not an issue for me since I do not live near the border with Mexico or Canada. For those that do is their a way to limit the search to only results in your country? I just did one around Toronto and the other results nearby included lots in the US. I assume the guy would prefer not to have to deal with customs and bringing a big machine across the border. He was looking for a dust collector so not something to hide in a toolbox and say I forgot about that if caught.
My local craigs list has changed the search function and it is not easy to specify where I want to search. Except for my city which luckily is saved from the old search function. They have a target circle you can move around but no way to enable it to search inside the circle.
Bill D.

Doug Garson
08-01-2023, 12:30 PM
I live near the border, my search is set for all of Vancouver BC. Sometimes if I search for something specific and only get a few listings it will add additional results at the end outside my normal search range and some of them are in Washington state. I don't see any problem with this. What's your concern?

John Ziebron
08-01-2023, 11:00 PM
Although I live a ways north of Detroit now I still sometimes search Craigslist Detroit area listings. Windsor, Ontario is just across the Detroit River but I never see any listings from there come up in a search. In fact, If I chose Canada only 10 cities show up and Windsor is not one of them.