PDA

View Full Version : Updates on Lake Eerie blades?

Tony Wilkins
07-23-2023, 4:56 PM
Any updates on Lake Eerie CPM blades for planes?

Patrick Baney
07-23-2023, 6:09 PM
What information are you looking for? I believe he has restocked most blades and has added more to the lineup. They’re great irons and pretty much all I use now. Even got one for my no 2. Maybe I’m biased, knowing the owner to some degree. His shop is about 10 minutes from my house.

They’re harder to sharpen than A2. I suggest ensuring slurry is present, and keep your bevels short. A regrind setup as suggested by Derek cohen comes in handy here.

Tony Wilkins
07-23-2023, 6:46 PM
What information are you looking for? I believe he has restocked most blades and has added more to the lineup. They’re great irons and pretty much all I use now. Even got one for my no 2. Maybe I’m biased, knowing the owner to some degree. His shop is about 10 minutes from my house.

They’re harder to sharpen than A2. I suggest ensuring slurry is present, and keep your bevels short. A regrind setup as suggested by Derek cohen comes in handy here.
No particular information. Been looking at them on and off and haven’t pulled the trigger. Looking primarily for my LN #7. What
you say about being harder to sharpen than A2 is a bit concerning.

Andrew Hughes
07-24-2023, 12:27 AM
I received my Lake Erie blades last month.
Very tough steel the extra effort it takes to create a edge is worth it to me.
The backs came to me perfectly flat. Thank God
Heres my proof of purchase