PDA

View Full Version : Flat work for spinning stuff

Jim Dunn
01-31-2006, 10:46 PM
Sorry folks no spinny stuff to look at here, just a cabinet to store all the things I need, or think I need, to make round scrap;). The two drawers in my lathe cabinet were overflowing with things. So since I couldn't turn a round 30" tall cabinet I made one. There are 2 stealth gloats for your viewing enjoyment though.

First is a 4 jaw chuck I purchased from PSI. The little I've used it, it has performed for what I want it to do. I'd have to give it an A for value and a B+ for function.

The second is a Sorby scraper I got on sale. SWMBO said go ahead since I had a discount and gift card. I also got the round scraper blade insert with it so I basically got 2 tools in one.

Jim

Bernie Weishapl
01-31-2006, 11:11 PM
Nice gloat Jim and nice cabinet. Looks very nice. I also got the PSI chuck. I like it a lot and it works for me. Is your scraper the Hollowing Tool/Shear Scraper. I used one at Woodcraft and then ordered one yesterday. I liked it.

Jim Dunn
01-31-2006, 11:14 PM
Bernie it's the external shear scraper. I also bought the internal bit for it as well.

Jim

John Hart
01-31-2006, 11:20 PM
That Scraper looks like a straight Hollowmaster! Tough to learn(at least for me) but it pays off. Nice cabinet too. I have that chuck but bought it at Grizzly. I like it a lot. Congratulations!! Hope you steal anoth.....I'm sorry....I hope you come up with another idea for an IT contest entry!!:D

Chris Barton
02-01-2006, 7:48 AM
Nice work Jim! I think I enjoy making stuff for my tools more than furniture sometimes.