PDA

View Full Version : Vector Cutting table

Ken Frisby
01-31-2006, 7:55 PM
Here is a picture of my cutting table. I used 1/4 acrylic cut to 12"x12" and lasered all the peg holes. I then contact cemented an anodized aluminium plate to the acrylic. The grid is 1/2" on center in a diamond pattern. The pegs are wooden car wheel axels. The nice thing about the axels is you can laser thru them and replace them when they are to cut up.

Keith Outten
02-01-2006, 2:00 AM
Ken,

Your cutting table looks real nice and I lke the idea of using sacrificial pegs that are easy to replace.

Thanks for the picture

Mason Dumanski
02-01-2006, 4:33 PM
I like the way your table looks. Could you talk alitle more about how you made it. I noticed it looks like there are sides, if so how high an how did you connect them. Also, why the plate that you attached to the acrylic?

Ken Frisby
02-01-2006, 9:39 PM
Mason,

The plate was added to make it rigid and a bottom stop for the wooden pegs, you could also use mdf. The sides are made from 1/8" acrylic and attached with weld-on #3. It acts as a tray to catch small parts and cutouts, I made the sides 1/8" shorter than the wooden pegs I used. You will also notice pieces of 1/8" acrylic on the left and top side of the cutting grid, these are 1/8" taller than your wooden pegs to act as stops for your material, these are glued on the outside edge of the tray pieces to give your work piece an X-Y reference that matches your engraving table. By using clear acylic for the sides and stop pieces you can still see your engraving table X-Y rulers. The wooden car axels for the pegs are 5/32"dia x .8"long that I purchsed from Woodcraft. If anyone is interested I'll put the corel dwgs on my website for download.

David Takes
01-07-2007, 6:50 PM
Ken,

Did you post the dwg's on your website for download? I'd love to see your drawings.

Ed Newbold
01-08-2007, 7:52 AM
If anyone is interested I'll put the corel dwgs on my website for download.I would also like to see the drawings too, if you don't mind. Thanks very much.