PDA

View Full Version : Maybe You Haven't Heard About It

Jim Koepke
06-30-2023, 11:11 AM
But you have most likely heard it, the Wilhelm Scream >

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/an-iconic-hollywood-sound-effect-called-the-wilhelm-scream-was-uncovered-in-an-archive/

If you have watched a movie with someone screaming, you have likely heard this iconic scream recorded in the 1950s. Click on the picture to play the story.

jtk

Edward Weber
06-30-2023, 11:27 AM
Thanks Jim, that was fun.
The scream doesn't bother me, it's the old broken plate sound effert that won't die.
Some Foley artist from the beginning of the talkies recorded it and now it seems it has to be in every movie where a plate, a lamp or anything glass is broken and it's a horrible sound effect.

Bill Dufour
06-30-2023, 1:42 PM
Edvard Munch "The Scream'. painting he painted like four times and a lithograph as well. So doing the same scream over and over has a long history.
Bill D

Bill Dufour
06-30-2023, 1:46 PM
Jamie Lee Curtis got her first acting job becasue she could scream on cue, loud, during the audition.
BilL D

Mike Chance in Iowa
06-30-2023, 7:47 PM
Thanks for sharing the link! For many years now, my LOML and I have had fun watching movies and discovering how many of them have the Wilhelm Scream in it. Even when one of us is not really paying attention to the movie and working on another project nearby, our ears always perk up when Wilhelm pops up.