PDA

View Full Version : Lervad #610 workbench

Richard Coers
06-29-2023, 12:25 AM
I picked up this smaller workbench today to add some work surface in my shop. While researching the bench, I found that they made an accessory stool. Anyone have one? I'm curious how that bracket attaches to that crossmember under the bench. Not sure if it just slips over the top, or does it have some other attachment? It has a little knob on the pivot pin, implying that the bracket doesn't just lift off. The picture is not of mine, just a picture off the internet. Mine is much cleaner than that one! LOL

Tom M King
06-29-2023, 8:23 AM
I'm still using one that I bought new in 1977. I never saw a matching stool, or the tray on the end. These are all pictures I already had in the gallery here where I wasn't talking about the bench. It's usually clamped to something heavy, like the table saw, or at least a 2x4 clamped to the stretcher and butted against a wall or fireplace.

I bought it from a Leichtung sale flyer, and it was the first time I'd ever seen free shipping offered as an incentive. I think I paid $199 for it, including free shipping.

Tom M King
06-29-2023, 8:29 AM
This is with a 2x4 clamped to the top stretcher, and the 2x4 butted against an 1828 fireplace. A good way to spend a cold Winter day with snow on the ground. I get paid good money to do this. All pictures were on job sites. I don't do any hobby woodworking. The little bench has been easily moved many times.

Richard Coers
06-29-2023, 12:16 PM
Thanks Tom, Leichtung was the company I was trying to think of yesterday when my long time friend and I were reminiscing about those days of Fine Woodworking ads. You'd be very surprised what you can get for that bench today. I paid more than I would have liked, $575, but there were 3 more guys lined up after me to come and buy it off Facebook Marketplace. I probably would have not paid that much if this thing wasn't so pristine.

Tom M King
06-29-2023, 4:19 PM
I said I hadn't seen the tray on the end, but after thinking about it that's the same tray as I have on the side. Mine has never been off the side.

Richard Coers
06-29-2023, 4:26 PM
I really believe mine has a diy back tray and the stock short tray on the end. We've had storms here all day, maybe the drought buster we've been desperate to get. The bench may wait until tomorrow to get moved in.