PDA

View Full Version : New Wood Supply Store

James Baldwin
06-21-2023, 9:22 AM
I just discovered a new local to us wood supply store. They've actually been here two years and I discovered them by accident. They have a good supply of hardwood, Baltic birch plywood, marine plywood and a good selection of cabinet hardware and finishes. Lots of Festool stuff too. Kind puts the local Woodcrafters to shame. They are Southern California outfit. Hudson and West. I was told that one of their stores was 60,000 sqft. That has to be a truly evil store too many goodys. Jim

Richard Coers
06-21-2023, 12:47 PM
I just discovered a new local to us wood supply store. They've actually been here two years and I discovered them by accident. They have a good supply of hardwood, Baltic birch plywood, marine plywood and a good selection of cabinet hardware and finishes. Lots of Festool stuff too. Kind puts the local Woodcrafters to shame. They are Southern California outfit. Hudson and West. I was told that one of their stores was 60,000 sqft. That has to be a truly evil store too many goodys. Jim
You better tell them to step up there marketing plan if a woodworker hasn't heard of them for 2 years after opening!

Joel Gelman
06-21-2023, 7:43 PM
I have been there. If I had to pick, I would say Austin Hardwood in Santa Ana is the best.

Mark Gibney
06-22-2023, 12:01 AM
There is a Hudson & West about four miles south of my shop here in metro Los Angeles, but it's a smallish building, nothing on the size of Austin Hardwoods or Bohnhoffs.
But I think James is saying there is now a H&W in Idaho, right?

Joel Gelman
06-22-2023, 12:57 AM
I saw the "Southern California outfit" comment, but now see on lookup that this is a chain where there is an Idaho location. There are things I like about Woodcraft. I like the people that work there, and they have Whitesides router bits, and I have attended a couple of their classes. However, not a place where I look for wood. I imagine Southern California has more options than many other locations, and for figured, exotic woods in particular. For plywood options, Anderson Plywood is wonderful. To me all about wood options as one can now so easily get tools online and have them the next day.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-22-2023, 12:47 PM

Where are you located in Idaho? I live in Lewiston and am always looking for another hardwood supplier!

James Baldwin
06-23-2023, 9:47 AM
I'm in Boise. Jim

Derek Meyer
06-27-2023, 4:57 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Jim. I live in Moscow but I will check it out the next time I'm down in the Boise area.

Derek

James Baldwin
06-29-2023, 9:29 AM
We've got a good friend in Moscow and my wife is a Vandal.

Derek Meyer
06-29-2023, 5:39 PM
I grew up in the Twin Falls area (Buhl), came to Moscow for college and never left. I've lived here for 35 years now. I still have friends in the Boise and Twin Falls areas that I visit occasionally.

James Baldwin
06-30-2023, 6:29 PM
Small world. I had an uncle in Buhl back in the 60's and my wife lived in Twin for awhile. Jim