PDA

View Full Version : Bosch GTS635-216 Cuts

Harry King
06-20-2023, 9:39 AM
Hi all,

Stumbled upon the forum looking for some advice, looks a great forum to browse.

I have a problem with my new Bosch GTS635-216 table saw. The cuts look like the attached photo. I have done a few things to try and fix it, with minimal improvement:

Ensure the fence is square to the blade
Use new blades - the bosch supplied one + 2 new blades all give a poor finish
The arbour seems to not be bent, I am unable to visually see any left/right movement of the blade if spin the blade and check by eye

One thing I have noticed, is that upon start-up there is a lot of blade wobble, I have a video but not sure what format the forum will accept. I am also able to move the blade by a couple of mm either way, with ease, because the whole motor assembly doesn't seem particularly secure. I'm wondering if this is the problem? Does anybody have any suggests or experience with this saw?

Thanks in advance

Randy Heinemann
06-20-2023, 9:53 AM
Without seeing the video, I would say your best bet is to get the saw replaced under warranty (depending on the warranty and purchase date). I don't own a Bosch saw, but the blade shouldn't wobble that noticeably. There is likely to be a tiny amount of runout but it shouldn't be noticeable on a new saw.

One thing I would check before asking for replacement, if you haven't already done it, is to check the nut holding the blade on the arbor to be sure it's tight. If it isn't and it can't be tightened anymore, maybe the threads are stripped; also a reason to return the saw.

Jim Becker
06-20-2023, 10:04 AM
I would say that the blade wobble you mention on startup doesn't stop after start up...based on your photo and on the comments that you've checked the alignment and also worked with multiple blades. There should be no wobble ever...

Harry King
06-20-2023, 10:12 AM
Thanks, I did order a second of these saws and returned it. I never cut anything with it, but it had the same wobble that mine had, so I presumed there was no issue with mine.

Is there a format that I can upload for the video?

glenn bradley
06-20-2023, 11:14 AM
Are you looking at the same blade? I would want to see a couple of blades do the wobble before I blamed the saw. Seems odd that two saws would both have the same problem if it wasn't a QA or manufacturing run type problem. That being said we are talking about a job site saw that weighs about 45lbs. Are you using it on the job site? If so I would want better performance but would not expect stationary saw level performance; that road leads to madness :). If you are using it at home you could do some things to add mass and stability that may help.

Doug Garson
06-20-2023, 12:23 PM
If it is a new saw under warranty definitely return it, if not here's a video on how to repair it. https://www.woodgears.ca/saw_arbor/index.html Coincidently Frank Howarth just issued a video where he used this method to repair an old Oliver 88 table saw and referenced Matthias's video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLJhLq8ZQHE

Bert McMahan
06-20-2023, 12:37 PM
Thanks, I did order a second of these saws and returned it. I never cut anything with it, but it had the same wobble that mine had, so I presumed there was no issue with mine.

Is there a format that I can upload for the video?

Upload it to Youtube then post a link.

Andrew Hughes
06-20-2023, 1:40 PM
It could be the saw or it could be your using the saw to rip a piece of wood that’s twisted warped cupped. The side that runs along the fence controls how the wood is cut. For the best cuts it needs to be straight.
I would consider a testing of wood that been milled flat with the fence side square to its face.
The fences on the job site saw are the weakest part they cause all kinds of trouble getting clean cuts.
Good Luck

Doug Garson
06-20-2023, 2:52 PM
It could be the saw or it could be your using the saw to rip a piece of wood that’s twisted warped cupped. The side that runs along the fence controls how the wood is cut. For the best cuts it needs to be straight.
I would consider a testing of wood that been milled flat with the fence side square to its face.
The fences on the job site saw are the weakest part they cause all kinds of trouble getting clean cuts.
Good Luck

Good point, ripping a warped piece of wood can give the results in your photo even if the saw is perfect.