PDA

View Full Version : Roller outfeed table sources

Gary Herrmann
01-31-2006, 9:56 AM
I'm going to buy an outfeed table for my TS. I'm thinking one of those height adjustable, extendable length types rather than the kind that attaches to the saw - that way I can use it at more than one tool.

Its been awhile since I looked at these. Anyone have a source they'd recommend for a decent quality/relatively inexpensive (do those go together?)? Thanx.

Sam Chambers
01-31-2006, 10:04 AM
I'm going to buy an outfeed table for my TS. I'm thinking one of those height adjustable, extendable length types rather than the kind that attaches to the saw - that way I can use it at more than one tool.

Its been awhile since I looked at these. Anyone have a source they'd recommend for a decent quality/relatively inexpensive (do those go together?)? Thanx.

Gary, on last weekend's New Yankee Workshop, his Normness built a rolling outfeed table that looks pretty good. It's height adjustable, with a wide base and rollers made out of PVC pipe. He said he designed it so it could be used with shorter tools like the table saw and router table, as well as taller tools like the drill press and bandsaw. You might want to take a look and see if it might fit your needs. Looks like all it needs is a sheet of playwood and some hardware.

Frank Pellow
01-31-2006, 10:29 AM
I really like the General International 50-167 unit that you can see at: http://www.tools-plus.com/g-i50-167.html

I use it with my table saw, bandsaw, jointer, planer, and my Festool Muliti_Function table. It takes me about a minute to switch the height from one machine to another.

Roy Wall
01-31-2006, 11:19 AM
I really like the General International 50-167 unit that you can see at: http://www.tools-plus.com/g-i50-167.html

I use it with my table saw, bandsaw, jointer, planer, and my Festool Muliti_Function table. It takes me about a minute to switch the height from one machine to another.

Gary,

As soon as I saw your post - I thought of Frank's table........It is a good one - and very adaptive!!

Hey Frank - how small will it "close up" to?? 24"?? I see the full extended length is 51".......

Chris Curry
01-31-2006, 11:27 AM
Gary: On the less expensive end are a couple of products available at Busy Bee Tools (and I'm sure at other locations closer to you). FYI - They were $99 for the roller and 125 for the bearing table. I like the omni directional capacity of the bearings but very soft wood may dent if it is very heavy since the bearings are not staggered. More and issue witht the single row roller stands though.
Happy Hunting :) Chris

Frank Chaffee
01-31-2006, 12:02 PM

Frank,
I remember having seen that roller stand in your shop and I’ve been meaning to ask you how flat it is when extended? There are so many links.
Frank

Frank Pellow
01-31-2006, 12:23 PM
Gary,

As soon as I saw your post - I thought of Frank's table........It is a good one - and very adaptive!!

Hey Frank - how small will it "close up" to?? 24"?? I see the full extended length is 51".......
Overall, the unit compresses to 19 inches. The rollers themselves compress to 16 inches.

Gary Herrmann
01-31-2006, 2:56 PM
Thanks guys

John Lucas
01-31-2006, 3:50 PM
Gary: On the less expensive end are a couple of products available at Busy Bee Tools (and I'm sure at other locations closer to you). FYI - They were $99 for the roller and 125 for the bearing table. I like the omni directional capacity of the bearings but very soft wood may dent if it is very heavy since the bearings are not staggered. More and issue witht the single row roller stands though.

Chris, To add to your thought on the bearings, I have the rollers and they can be dangerous. If the stand isnt precisely aligned with the blade, the rollers can cause the panel to track in a direction other than straight...setting up more chance for kickback. Mine is folded up downstairs.

Gary Herrmann
01-31-2006, 4:54 PM
Gary: I like the omni directional capacity of the bearings but very soft wood may dent if it is very heavy since the bearings are not staggered. More and issue witht the single row roller stands though.

I had been thinking of bearings too - but more in terms of maybe buying a bunch and making my own table so I could stagger them. Now I have to find a good source (in terms of price) for those...