PDA

View Full Version : Rough morning..

Brian Tymchak
06-14-2023, 9:28 AM
Yesterday was my volunteer day at the local furniture bank. Occasionally we get 5x8 sheets of melamine (~120 lbs) vs the typical 4x8s (~90 lbs) and yesterday we had a bunch to cut. So I'm feeling it this morning.

https://www.gocomics.com/garfield/2023/06/14

John Ziebron
06-14-2023, 11:29 PM
And I just read an article today that said seniors that lift weights tend to live longer. I guess that can be good or bad depending on your perspective.:eek:

Warren Lake
06-14-2023, 11:43 PM
old guy carried 5 x 10's himself and said he had a lift cut by lunch. They were made from different stock. I questioned him why he never shook my hand hard and he said id crush you, there was no arrogance in him ever. 30 plus years later a week or two before he died he held out his hand and I didnt get why right away. He squeezed my hand, took me some seconds to realize why he did that, he remembered all they way back to me asking and he was showing me that he had no strength left.

Bradley Gray
06-15-2023, 10:34 AM
Sounds like another application for a Crazy Horse Dolly.

Jim Koepke
06-15-2023, 12:15 PM
And I just read an article today that said seniors that lift weights tend to live longer. I guess that can be good or bad depending on your perspective.:eek:

I don't think that counts if the weight is a half pound pastry or a bottle of beer.

jtk

Stan Calow
06-15-2023, 3:42 PM
I don't think that counts if the weight is a half pound pastry or a bottle of beer.

jtk

Then you're going to the wrong gym, mate.

Bruce Wrenn
06-15-2023, 8:43 PM

jtkAre you referring to 12oz curls?

Jim Koepke
06-15-2023, 8:55 PM
Are you referring to 12oz curls?

Elbow bends :D

jtk

andy bessette
06-16-2023, 12:40 AM
Rough morning.

HA! Hold my beer.

The very first thing I did when I got to the shop this morning was have a huge accident with the contents of my full RV Porta-Potti base, starting at the tailgate of my truck and ending at the rest room--the intended destination for those contents. The devil is in the details.