PDA

View Full Version : New floor mats for my new car

dennis thompson
06-12-2023, 9:48 AM
I bought a new car so I ordered some floor mats from WeatherTech. Included with mats was a 76 page booklet of all their products. I knew they made phone holders for the car but was surprised at all the other products they offer. Many of them appear to be pretty clever and useful, but I’m not sure I need three different versions of a car phone holder:)

Howard Garner
06-12-2023, 10:57 AM
Can't say much on floor mats, but:
Installed the window rain guards on my '05 VW Golf and love them.
Bought a '15 and install factory items since WeatherTech did not make hem.
Lost a factory guard
Replaced them all with the new weatherTeck
Great items
Howard Garner

Stan Calow
06-12-2023, 12:28 PM
Free floor mats are the one thing I managed to negotiate out of my Toyota dealer when I couldn't get them to budge on the price beyond the token military discount they offered. Worth a try on a new purchase.

Rich Engelhardt
06-12-2023, 12:35 PM
WeatherTech are expensive - but - they are so nice...
I got the front, rear and deck ones for my 2019 Hyundai Kona & they fit it like a glove.

My wife opted for something else in her Kia Sportage & it shows. When she replaces that car, I'll make sure it gets WeatherTech.

Jim Becker
06-12-2023, 1:29 PM
Some folks like the Weathertechs, but many Ascent owners who want all weather type mats (I'm not one of them...I prefer the carpet) are very enamored with TuxMat these days. It's true that Weathertech has a whole bunch of stuff for sale!!

Jim Becker
06-12-2023, 1:30 PM
Free floor mats are the one thing I managed to negotiate out of my Toyota dealer when I couldn't get them to budge on the price beyond the token military discount they offered. Worth a try on a new purchase.
The vehicle Dennis bought comes with carpet floor mats standard...Toyota seems to want to charge for them in some cases.

Bill Howatt
06-12-2023, 2:13 PM
I prefer to use the mats that came with the car and when they get ratty, I get 3rd party mats to cover them.
P.S. SWMBO is not completely on-board with this approach :)

Bill Dufour
06-13-2023, 1:12 AM
When my sister wanted floor mats with her new ford they would cost over $500. This was about 15 years ago. Actual dealer price through employee fixed discount prices, no negotiating.
If she got floor mats she had to pay for pinstripes and something else, maybe better carpet?
Bill D

Edward Weber
06-13-2023, 11:48 AM
Have had WeatherTech installed since 08, no problems.
Take them out, wash them off, good as new. Carpet and/or mats would have been long gone without a doubt.
Rain guards are nice as well.

Brian Elfert
06-14-2023, 10:39 AM
Some cars there is a manufacturer accessory that is all weather floor mats specifically designed for that model. You can sometimes get the all weather floor mats thrown in by the dealer to make the sale.

ChrisA Edwards
06-14-2023, 10:49 AM
Love my WeatherTech mats, put they in all my new vehicles. First thing I order after buying a new car/truck.

Rich Engelhardt
06-14-2023, 10:56 AM
Some cars there is a manufacturer accessory that is all weather floor mats specifically designed for that model. You can sometimes get the all weather floor mats thrown in by the dealer to make the sale.
Brian, the WeatherTech mats we're talking about are like that. Custom fit to each particular make and model so they are an exact fit.
Not only that - and exact fit - but - they are really heavy and really heavy duty.
They run a couple hundred dollars though so they aren't cheap.

Are they worth it though? I won't know until it's time to get rid of the car and see how much they add to the value.

Brian Elfert
06-14-2023, 1:08 PM
Brian, the WeatherTech mats we're talking about are like that. Custom fit to each particular make and model so they are an exact fit.
Not only that - and exact fit - but - they are really heavy and really heavy duty.
They run a couple hundred dollars though so they aren't cheap.

Are they worth it though? I won't know until it's time to get rid of the car and see how much they add to the value.

I think some of the dealer ones are custom fit too. I am sure the automaker just orders them from Weathertech, Husky, or one of the others that make custom floormats. I have Weathertech floor mats in my car to try to reduce all the salt that gets on the carpet with regular floor mats. I don't care about resale value as I plan to keep my car at least ten years unless something major happens to it.

I bought a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan and then bought a 2016 Grand Caravan when Chrysler/FCA said 2016 was the last year. It turned out FCA kept making them until 2020. (It was cheaper to do the trade than to have to buy a MUCH more expensive vehicle four years sooner.) I just moved the Weathertech floor mats from old to new since the design was exactly the same still.

Paul F Franklin
06-14-2023, 3:13 PM
When I got my 2019 Ranger, WeatherTech did not make exact fit liners for it (they may now) so I bought husky liners. They were exact fit, and I like them even better than the weather tech liners I have had previously in other vehicles. Heavier rubber, lie perfectly flat and attach to the factory posts. Just another option for folks to consider.

Ronald Blue
06-17-2023, 8:42 AM
I can't speak to any other brand but will add that WeatherTech is made in the USA.

Bill Dufour
06-17-2023, 4:02 PM
I bought the ford factory rear floor liner for my wifes SUV. Ordered it through the dealer. It came in a weather tech box stamped with extra ford labels when I picked it up at the dealer.
Bill D

George Bokros
06-18-2023, 7:07 AM
I have WeatherTech in my Ford Fusion and had them in my last Ford Ranger. In my '21 Ford Ranger I went with Husky Liners. Similar to WeatherTech but are more flexible and fit like a glove. If Husky Liners are available for any future vehicle that is what I will get, WeatherTech are my second choice.

https://www.huskyliners.com/?gad=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxf6ll9bM_wIVIDfUAR1c7QoAEAAYAiAA EgK4XvD_BwE

Erik Loza
06-18-2023, 10:19 AM
I have OEM rubber mats in our 4runner now but had Weathertecs in our old one and was happy with them. Not sure what you are looking for in a floor mat but we have Coco Mats in my wife’s Mini Cooper and happy with those. A whole different type of mat but available in snazzy colors, VERY durable, and US-made: https://www.cocomats.com/

Erik

Bill George
06-18-2023, 4:51 PM
I have WeatherTech in my Ford Fusion and had them in my last Ford Ranger. In my '21 Ford Ranger I went with Husky Liners. Similar to WeatherTech but are more flexible and fit like a glove. If Husky Liners are available for any future vehicle that is what I will get, WeatherTech are my second choice.

https://www.huskyliners.com/?gad=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxf6ll9bM_wIVIDfUAR1c7QoAEAAYAiAA EgK4XvD_BwE

Ditto I got those Husky ones for my Toyota Tacoma pickup, wonderful!

Earl McLain
06-18-2023, 5:47 PM
I bought the ford factory rear floor liner for my wifes SUV. Ordered it through the dealer. It came in a weather tech box stamped with extra ford labels when I picked it up at the dealer.
Bill D

Bill--just curious if you checked to see if the Ford branded mats were priced comparably to buying direct from Weathertech. I have had Weathertechs in my Flex for 4 years, and with the slush/snow we have in the winter they are the best i've ever used. Easy to empty the salty water and keep my shoes from getting that salt ring up the heel. Same with hauling stuff in the back--pull it out, shake it off, and ready for groceries. I also got the roll-down rear bumber protector, but we mostly use that as a clean & dry place to sit under the raised hatchback for picnics on road trips.