PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Contributions - Reminder, The Last

John Bailey
01-31-2006, 5:47 AM
2006 Contributions
<!----> <o></o><!--[endif]-->
As many recall, we had a little fund drive back a bit. I got involved because I was upset with myself for sitting on my hindquarters too long until there was an emergency. Those of you who read my posts back then may recall that I said I would be reminding folks when it came time to think about yearly operating costs. That time is approaching.
Our yearly operating costs will be in the neighborhood of $1,300 to $1,400. We had just over 250 Creekers respond to the emergency fundraiser. If we set our goal at $1,500 for the year, and we have 250 Creekers contribute, we would have to contribute $6 each. This should easily cover the yearly operating costs. Because of the great response we had with the emergency fundraiser, there is no need to contribute extra. We have plenty in the coffers for special projects and emergencies. Also, I can guarantee there will be more than 250 respond, so we will probably add a bit to the special funds account. By the way, $6 is 50 cents a month.
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <o></o><!--[endif]-->
I think this is important so that we never get in the situation we had when it looked like the site may close. We can insure the future of this site with a very small contribution if we all take part. I’ve PM’d Keith and we have a little different attitude towards a fundraiser. I (the fun loving guy who is looking for a way to combat cabin fever) would like a little “event.” Keith (who is much too hard working – notice how long it took him to go out on the town) thinks we ought to just let it trickle in. He says we’re getting 2 – 5 contributions a week now. Well, it’s my thread and the last PM from Keith said do what I think is best. He doesn’t know what he’s in for.
Keith and I both agreed we shouldn’t be doing a fundraiser during Christmas. Then we all have to regroup after Christmas and New Year’s. So, here’s the plan. On February 1<sup>st</sup>, at 1 second after midnight EST,of January 31<sup>st</sup>, I’m going to contribute my $6. Then I’m going to start a thread saying I did (2006 Contributions, [I]NOW!!!)[I]. The goal will be to get 250 contributions of $6 in the shortest amount of time and to be one of the first 250 contributors. (The first 250 will get the prize of bragging rights and the first will get a special award from Andy the Hoot!) When you contribute, whether it be with the donate button, PayPal, snail-mail, or any other way, post that you did. That way, all we have to do is look at the number of posts, and we’ll know approximately how much money was contributed. I say approximately because many of you can’t help yourself and will contribute more. Then, when the goal is reached, we can all sit back and toast ourselves with our favourite brew (or carrot juice in my case, eh Frank). What a way to combat cabin fever!! (Not that you in the southern climes know what I’m talking about) Of course, if you want to contribute earlier, or later, or not at all, that’s fine. If you contribute earlier, you're still eligible to post and be counted as one of the 250. You just can't post before the thread starts.
I’ll put out a couple of reminders till then. (This is the last reminder)

What: Contributions
When: February 1st, 12:01 EST

[I] Remember, $6 is plenty. No need for more!!

This is a great site, and ya’ll are great. Let’s make sure the site has a steady, stable source for funding so there are no more emergencies.
Thanks, John

Bill Lewis
01-31-2006, 6:19 AM
Hey, I've already got my coveted and much sought after "2006 contributor" moniker. Do I win the bragging rights? In fact, I've had it for a couple of weeks now. How'd I do it? I bought Sawmill Creek a hat from Keith Outten. Do a search for the post, He didn't "Sticky" it. There weren't very many (25?), but there may be some left.

BTW, I almost bought two of them, but thought I'd leave the buying opportunity out there for someone else to get one. They are really nice hats. I really like the one I got, it even fit perfectly without having to make any adjustments, must be Good Karma.

Joe Blankshain
01-31-2006, 7:20 AM
Contribution already in. For those fence sitters, we all recieve more than we gibe (most of us) from this site. It is only fair to help keep it running smoothly. My 2 cents

John Bailey
01-31-2006, 8:44 AM
Joe and Bill, and all others,

It doesn't matter when you actually contributed. After tonight's thread, at 12:01 EST, Frebruary 1st, 2006, just post that you contributed. You'll be in the running for first post, which is a trophy, or the next 249, which are bragging rights. Just remember, you have to post in the thread that is started by me at 12:01 EST, February 1st, 2006.

John

Bill Lewis
01-31-2006, 8:48 AM
John,
I can guarantee that I'll be asleep at that time! I really don't need the trophy or the bragging rights. I only posted earlier to let people know about the great hats, and to give your post a bump to the top. Sort of why I am responding now.

Jim Davenport
01-31-2006, 9:09 AM
I just sent my six bucks in. I go to bed early, and get up with the chickens, so I won't make it at midnight.
In the short while I've been here, I've found this to be a very informative and entertaining experience. six bucks is a real bargain.
Speaking of entertainment I hope this "Bomb" thing turns out better than "Al Capone's Vault", I've never forgiven Geraldo for that one!:D

John Bailey
01-31-2006, 2:42 PM
Jim,

Me too, I'm in bed by 8:00 P.M. and up by 4:00 A.M., even on weekends. However, for this, I'm setting the alarm. I know a lot of folks have already given, and with the bomb going off today, the contributor thing is a little anticlamatic. So, to those not waiting to see the contributor event, happy dreams, we'll see you tomorrow.

John

Chris Dodge
01-31-2006, 4:03 PM
I have wondered since I joined a month ago what that "2005 Contributor" title meant. I thought maybe you had to post so many posts that year in order to get it. That seemed kind of silly to me though. I just made my contribution via Paypal.

Keep up the great work Sawmill Creek and thank you all for your wealth of knowledge!

Tom A Walker
01-31-2006, 4:23 PM
I'm a semi professional procrastinator (I could have gone pro if I'd just applied myself) so I figured I'd better donate now. It has been PayPal'd I'll post in the thread tomorrow if I get around to it :p

Tom

Marty Walsh
02-01-2006, 12:14 AM
Ok, so here I sit, hitting the refresh key, wanting to get my bragging rights. It's 12:05 and stil no post from you to reply to... :mad:

- Marty -

Allen Bookout
02-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Same here. I donated but do not see a new thread to list on for your total. Allen

PS Must get some sleep soon.

Norman Hitt
02-01-2006, 12:54 AM
Ok, so here I sit, hitting the refresh key, wanting to get my bragging rights. It's 12:05 and stil no post from you to reply to... :mad:

- Marty -

I guess maybe his alarm didn't go off, cause he's still keeping company with the chickens.:D No matter, I sent in mine early in January.

Jack Clark
02-01-2006, 1:58 AM
I just PayPal'ed you 6 bucks. Thanks for putting on this very helpful group of forums.

Clint Malone
02-02-2006, 12:11 AM
Thanks for providing the forum. Paypal sent.