PDA

View Full Version : Multi-router Dust Collection

Walt Pater
01-31-2006, 5:16 AM
Yesterday I set up a JDS multi router- a pretty big leap for a guy who has always used shopmade router tables or just handheld the thing. It's pretty awesome, to say the least. Really kicks out the shavings, though. Anybody with pics of how they set up their multi-router to their DC?- It's a little crowded there behind the mounting plate. I do not have the manual for the MR. I'm using a Bosch 1617 in it.
Thanks, Walt

Here's pics. It's not really a gloat, since it is not mine- it has been provided for me (along with the 12"PM jointer and 20" planer in the background) for a pretty big millwork/trim job (25,000 sq ft of residence). Back to the MR- I'm going to fab a back bonnet for it, hook it up to the DC. Couldn't hurt, right? Oh yeah, there's also a PM 66 w/ an excalibur slider in the shop. How a "pine jockey" trimmer like me got this gig is anybody's guess.

Jim Becker
01-31-2006, 10:05 AM
Walt, I am not really hopeful that you're going to get a lot of "dust collection satisfaction" with that kind of setup. Why? There is no way to predict which way the chips will fly, for the most part with routers. What you might try is a large hood behind it with a fan blowing from the front towards the hood. Unfortunately, it will be hard to get anything "close" to the machine without interfering with its operation or the workpiece.

That all said, congratulations on the new Multi Router! I hope you'll post a bunch of pictures with it in use. Nice machine.

Walt Pater
01-31-2006, 6:16 PM
Bump. See pix above.