PDA

View Full Version : Small Dust Collector

john mclane
01-30-2006, 10:21 PM
I have a problem with a my cellar/dungeon workshop with a low ceiling height of 78". I trying to figure out how to get a decent dust collector in the system.

Does anybody know anything about this system from Jet (708634CK - "DC-1200CK, 2HP, 1200CFM Dust Collector with Canister").

I have gone through quite a few of the dust collection sites including the Bills Cyclone Dust collection site as well as searching and browsing the threads in this formum. The cyclones are all too tall for this ceiling I don't have knowledge (or self confidence) to assemble one from pieces of plexiglass or sheet metal and get a blower assembly.

The two bag systems seem obsolete now and I think moving the dust and chips into a solid container makes more sense.

Still researching this, so any suggestions for sites or other small efficient dust collection systems would be appreciated.

Bob Dodge
01-30-2006, 10:48 PM
Hi John,

From a ceiling-height perspective, that dc would be perfect 71" tall. I'd recommend however, that you consider some "user experiences" regarding cannister filters on single-stage dc's. They tend to be much more maintenance intensive than a high-quality needle-felt bag-filter.

Here's a link to a "chat" that appeared on another forum. I've seen this type of discussion repeated over and over again.

Bob

Moderator removed link to anothe public forum - policy violation

john mclane
01-31-2006, 9:39 PM
Thanks Bob
I also found a shorter cyclone from JDS that is 2 hp. and just 6 ft tall.

http://www.jdstools.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=47