PDA

View Full Version : Saws have different vibes than guns.

Howard Barlow
01-30-2006, 10:16 PM
Well, I decided on the PC Mag right blade. Funny thing, it's been in the garage for about 5 hours now. You-know-who hasn't said anything. When I buy a gun, and sneak it in the back of the safe while she's gone, she won't be home 5 minutes before she will ask, "How long has that one been here?" Caught :eek: again. She can't even see 'em back there.

Truth is, she's prolly just giving me a little grace. :p

Eric Gagnon
01-31-2006, 6:29 AM
Howard:

Now you should know better than to sneak stuff in. Wives have better intuition than we do.

You have to achieve W.A.F. and then you don't have to be sneaky.

W.A.F. = "Wife Acceptance Factor" ;)

Eric

Jim Davenport
01-31-2006, 8:06 AM
I guess I must be lucky. All guns look the same to "SWMBO". once they're in the safe, they're home free.
Tools on the otherhand are another matter, especially when they come in boxes that must be disposed of. I get a lot of static about those. I have to figure the cost of her "Bingo" into a tool purchase.:rolleyes:

Jeff Sudmeier
01-31-2006, 8:35 AM
I guess I must be lucky. All guns look the same to "SWMBO". once they're in the safe, they're home free.
Tools on the otherhand are another matter, especially when they come in boxes that must be disposed of. I get a lot of static about those. I have to figure the cost of her "Bingo" into a tool purchase.:rolleyes:

My LOML has a hobby as well, so when I make a purchase it is a free ride for her to!

Chip Charnley
01-31-2006, 8:45 AM
My wife just wants me to have a decent shop. *I* am the one that has to watch the budget and make sure we stay solvent. As long as I keep us afloat, pretty much anything goes. When we started building the new house two years ago which finally gave me the space for a wood shop, LOML bought me a planer, drill press, 12" CMS, and bench grinder for Xmas a year before the house was supposed to be finished. I have since added an 8" jointer, large lathe, 18/36 drum sander, and Jet bandsaw as well as an Oneida DC with ducting, and Incra fence for my table saw and numerous other things (like milling 2300bf of mixed hardwoods from the trees taken down to put up the house) without so much as a frown. :D

Don't know how much longer it will last but I am not complaining. Got the place about 50% set up at this point. Still building benches and cabinets for the shop but it's getting there.

Frank Pellow
01-31-2006, 9:12 AM
And, I am very thankful that they do.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-31-2006, 9:28 AM
I have a brother-in-law who used a similar ploy. He thought for years my sister didn't know what was going on. She knew.....she was telling me everytime he brought a new gun into the house. He used a different strategy. His gun racks, locked fire-proof cabinets and gun work bench were in the basement. He'd bring a new gun into the house and place it in the coat closet upstairs where my sister would see it everytime she got a coat out to go somewhere. He'd leave the new one there for a month or so and then replace it with an "old" one and take the new one to the basement to play with it. She knew!

Brett Baldwin
01-31-2006, 1:35 PM
Let's face it guys, if you think you are "sneaking something by" a woman you are just deluding yourself. The reality of the situation is that she is allowing you to think it and you will discover this later at a moment when it is convenient for her (and likely not for you) to reveal your dastardly deed. When exactly you are going to be facing the music for the sneakiness and what is it going to cost you will be determined by her as well. We, as men, just aren't in the same league as women when it comes to subtlety. Just accept it and face it head on. That is something we can do well.

John Lucas
01-31-2006, 3:57 PM
This thread brings a warped thought to my warped mind...if you want to hide a mistress, just keep the firearm in the back of the closet and move it occasionally.
On 2nd thought, real bad idea... "I dont know what happened officer, that gun isnt mine but it was in my closet and I was trying to give it back to him. Do you know anyone who needs a very equipped woodshop?"

Tyler Howell
01-31-2006, 5:07 PM
You guys aint got a hair on your...... if you let a wife (or husband) tell you what to bring home:mad: . I wear the pants in this family (even if it is one of her old thongs) Just ask all six of my X wives:mad: :o :p :p .

Charles McKinley
02-01-2006, 4:00 PM
At least she didn't find the credit card statement with a new $4000.00 building on it. oops :o

Frank Chaffee
02-01-2006, 6:06 PM
Howard:Now you should know better than to sneak stuff in. Wives have better intuition than we do.You have to achieve W.A.F. and then you don't have to be sneaky.W.A.F. = "Wife Acceptance Factor" ;)Eric
Well spoken Eric,
We choose our mates to compensate for our dominate psychic function(s),
Frank

Frank Chaffee
02-01-2006, 6:23 PM
…And now I see that my post is unclear without having been referenced to Jungian psychology. By “dominant function(s)”, I was not referring to “dominating” or “domineering” as personality traits, but rather to the “dominant” psychic functions acknowledged and realized in one’s life, and suggesting that our mates are chosen to challenge and extend our viewpoints to aid us in realizing our full potential.
Hope this is clearer than mud now.
Frank

Lee DeRaud
02-01-2006, 7:31 PM
My ex-wife had a "dominant pscho" function...does that count?:cool:

Frank Chaffee
02-01-2006, 7:39 PM
My ex-wife had a "dominant pscho" function...does that count?:cool:That counts (and accounts for), a whole lot Lee.
Frank

Ken Seiler
02-01-2006, 7:58 PM
Here is what my brother does...he was doing some volunteer work building handicap ramps and it eventually turned into a weekend paying job, doing roofs, minor remodeling jobs. Any money he brought home, half went to my SIL for her sewing/quilting hobby. He has all the tools his workshop can hold and there isn't much of anything else he needs right now. I did it the other way. My wife's x-boss retired a number of years ago, went into woodworking, made a few things and then quit. Last year, he gave me all of his tools, TS, router w/table, DP, BS, scroll saw, planer, tile saw, Tormek sharpener w/bunch of accessories, drill/router bits, clamps(pipe,bar,C),wet tile saw,shop vac, and other stuff I haven't identified yet. I think I got about 5-6K worth of tools. All he asked was that he could come over and use them if he needed to. Well, he lives about 40 miles away, not like next door. We still get together and he doesn't appear to be interested in wood anymore. Now all I need is some shop time.

Matt Warfield
02-01-2006, 8:11 PM
Heck, my wife doesn't need the intuition. My boss just asks me how I like my new toy at the company xmas party!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dave Avery
02-01-2006, 8:12 PM
Tyler in a thong...... as my 6 year-old might say.... YIKES!! :)