PDA

View Full Version : Sawmill Creek Origins

John Bailey
01-30-2006, 8:08 PM
Awhile back there was a thread that ask about the origins of the name "Sawmill Creek." I know plenty of answers were given, but I can finally tell you the real truth. This site was actually named for the famous elementary band music of the same name. To prove it, I've attached pictures of a couple of 6th graders who competed furiously for the right to wear the coveted "Sawmill Creek Hat." Nate and Stephanie tied by playing the furthest into the song without making a mistake. I included a copy of the first page just for proof. There you have it, the true origins of the name "Sawmill Creek."

John

P.S. Rumor has it that Keith actually played the flugelhorn when he was just a young nipper. He played this song when he was in elementary and that's why he named the site as he did.

Jim Becker
01-30-2006, 9:04 PM
So....we have wine. We have music. We have beautiful furniture and turnings. What's not to like about this place called Sawmill Creek???

John Hart
01-30-2006, 9:10 PM
What a nice story! Thanks John. Nice Hats!!!! :) :)

John Shuk
01-31-2006, 10:45 AM
Now I know Aaron is a musician....any chance to get this in a playable file here? I'd love to hear that!

Aaron Koehl
01-31-2006, 1:30 PM
Now I know Aaron is a musician....any chance to get this in a playable file here? I'd love to hear that!
John, send me a PDF and I'll upload a musical clip-- ;)

John Shuk
01-31-2006, 2:12 PM
I will work on getting it.

John Bailey
01-31-2006, 2:26 PM
Aaron,

I hope you're writing to John Sk. cause I don't have a clue what you mean.

John

Aaron Koehl
01-31-2006, 5:36 PM
Haha, I mean shoot me the sheet music, if legal.