PDA

View Full Version : Orginal Trend airshield knob replacement

Brian Deakin
05-18-2023, 4:47 PM
I have lost one of the knobs which are located on the side of the black section on the Airshield

Does any one know what is the thread size so I can purchase a replacement Trend no longer provides this replacement part

Robert Hayward
05-18-2023, 6:19 PM
Cannot help with the thread size but in this country the home centers all have thread checkers. You might check your local store.

I do a lot of tinkering and repairing and often could not take whatever I was working on to the store. Finally ended up buying a set of thread checkers, both imperial and metric in the sizes most common for what I do. The set was not cheap but the convenience of knowing the thread and pitch before I head to the store far outweighs the cost.

Bill Howatt
05-19-2023, 9:50 AM
I have a set of common sizes of imperial and metric taps and dies which come in very handy as a thread checker as well as their intended use.

Brian Deakin
05-21-2023, 5:42 AM
I have found the knob
I think i must be getting old I emptied out the three bags I take to the woodturning club hands on days several times and could not locate the knob Then I picked up the empty bag the Airshield was stored in and it fell out

Bill Howatt
05-21-2023, 9:52 AM
Given my experience and that I'm pushing towards the 8th decade, I'd say it may well be because you are getting old. But now that I dive into the depths of my aged memory, I seem to recall such experiences happening at a much younger age too!
Glad you found it.

Brian Deakin
05-22-2023, 4:09 AM
The issue with loosing th knob was caused by not being careful and methodical

When the knob fell off the Airshield I placed it in the Airshield bag I should have simply screwed it back on the mask

A lesson learned or to be honest relearned