PDA

View Full Version : Swapping drill motor on a Porter cable 552 production pocket cutter?

Matt Feemoso
05-14-2023, 4:23 AM
Has anyone swapped a 552 drill motor? I purchased a 552 today that came without a drill motor. I have a few, basically new, 7310s. Problem I’m having is the cord comes right out the back and interferes with the mounting. i was able to mount it but the cord interferes with the return motion.

When swapping out a small drill motor is there any modifications I need to mark?

Richard Coers
05-14-2023, 10:59 AM
You sure had me confused with the title, but Google showed me it was a pocket hole machine. There is no way to rotate the trim router motor in the mount?

Matt Feemoso
05-14-2023, 12:33 PM
Sorry, I’m not great with words. Can’t rotate the motor because it’s mounted with a screw that is tapped into the laminate trimmer. I am modify the cord but was wondering if I was just missing something.

Jared Sankovich
05-15-2023, 9:07 AM
Sorry, I’m not great with words. Can’t rotate the motor because it’s mounted with a screw that is tapped into the laminate trimmer. I am modify the cord but was wondering if I was just missing something.

I've had the drill router out to rebuild it, and don't recall any interference from the cord.