PDA

View Full Version : Irritated

Mike Ramsey
01-30-2006, 5:44 PM
There's a few fellers starting to get irritated.....:)
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=30325

Travis Stinson
01-30-2006, 5:48 PM
Awwwww, that's a shame.:(
Sorry, cant help 'em:p .......We're on a mission, and the target is near.

Steve Clardy
01-30-2006, 5:58 PM
Houston? Where are you??:confused: :confused:

We're trying to land;)

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-30-2006, 9:08 PM
Waiting with BAITED BREATH! Just don't Call ME A FISH!

Hope the landing is HAPPY!

Bruce

Jim Ketron
01-30-2006, 9:19 PM
It will be over soon;)

Dennis Peacock
01-30-2006, 10:49 PM
Soon my friend....very soon this will all be well WORTH IT!!!!!!;) :D

John Hart
01-31-2006, 6:42 AM
Well....Like Ken Fitzgerald says...."The World is Flat.....The World is Flat.." :D

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
01-31-2006, 7:17 AM
Like I said on that thread, be happy that you all have the time and the freedom to be POed at such a minor thing. They should thank the Lord that they are not working 18 hours a day for next to no money, with their kids starving to death.

Got it so good, and all they can do is whine and moan, I just don't get it, must wake up that way every day! :D

Keith Christopher
01-31-2006, 7:18 AM
"This is alpha four niner to flight control, we have positive lock on target"

"Roger alpha four niner, engage at will."

"Alpha four niner, roger, missle armed...tone...engaging...missle away.."

"Roger four niner missle away."

Travis Stinson
01-31-2006, 7:35 AM
I'm thinking that the "fallout" for some will be egg-on-the-face.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
01-31-2006, 7:46 AM
I have to admit, the only thing I don't like about it is I don't know what it is all about, but I'm not going to whinge about it, I'll just wait to see what happens :D

Cheers!

Chris Barton
01-31-2006, 8:19 AM
What was it that Shakespear said? "much ado about..."

Doug Jones
01-31-2006, 8:25 AM
Anticipation, its like waiting for birthday morning to arrive. Hope the wait is worth it.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-31-2006, 8:25 AM
Chris....seeing how I'm at "ground zero" I'm hoping your Shakespearean quote is applicable!:rolleyes:

Jeff Sudmeier
01-31-2006, 8:27 AM
Now everyone, lets just be a little careful. If they knew what this was all about, there wouldn't be the "fall out" (hhehehehehe pun intended)...

However they don't and if I didn't know I would wonder how the mods are letting all this go on as well.

Lets just tone it down and let the calm come before the storm :)

Jim Dunn
01-31-2006, 8:50 AM
It's just a silly little thread, isn't it? Those in the know, about the bomb, are having a good time. "It" will be revealed to the others in the near future, if the damage isn't to great.

Robert Mickley
01-31-2006, 8:52 AM
Lets just tone it down and let the calm come before the storm :)

Jeff, what fun would that be? :D:D It's not often I get to be smug :p

Jeff Sudmeier
01-31-2006, 8:58 AM
All I mean is lets turn off the massive sigs, talking about it doesn't hurt much, but my sig that took up more than my posts was a little much so I turned it off :)

Richard Gillespie
01-31-2006, 10:35 AM
Not being in the know, I feel like an grunt mine sweeper opening these threads. If you don't know what I mean, think of the dance steps used in the cartoon renditions for the band ZZ Top.

I look forward to finding out what is going on. Curiosity will get me some day.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-31-2006, 10:45 AM
YOU and ME too Richard and I'm at groundzero!:confused: :rolleyes: :D

Jim Dunn
01-31-2006, 10:47 AM
Ken you can't possibly avoid what's comming. Unless you move into a Monastary and become a silent Monk.:)

Mike Ramsey
01-31-2006, 11:06 AM
So Ken, how's it going this fine day? Are you wearing your Flak
Jacket? Are you locked down in your concrete bunker???

George Conklin
01-31-2006, 11:16 AM
All I can say, is for once I'm glad to be out in the middle of the dessert. That said, both me and my trout will both have our sunglasses on for protection.

George

Andy Hoyt
01-31-2006, 11:25 AM
BOMB'S AWAY!

Robert Mickley
01-31-2006, 12:46 PM
BOMB'S AWAY!

it sure istaking a long time for that bobm to fall. Where did they drop it from? Orbit? must have a drag chute on it

:D :D :D :D

Andy Hoyt
01-31-2006, 12:49 PM
Anticipation, Anticipation
is makin' me late
It's keepin' me waiting

Frank Chaffee
01-31-2006, 2:05 PM
it sure istaking a long time for that bobm to fall. Where did they drop it from? Orbit? must have a drag chute on it

:D :D :D :D
Right Robert,
Beginning to think the plane went way too high and released the [CENSORED] into geocentric orbit, or something.
Frank

Kurt Forbes
01-31-2006, 2:13 PM
Problem is that inside jokes are fun for those on the inside but they tend to ailenate everyone who is now on the outside.
I know it is not your intention to ailenate other turners even for good natured jokes but you are and it is not fair to them to belittle them for feeling bad because you are makeing them feel like outsiders.

Simple human psychology.
What makes it worse is that the mods for this forum are in on the joke and are allowing threads like this to stay here instead of moveing all of this banter into the off topic forum whear it belongs.
At least the irritated thread is whear it belongs in the OFF TOPIC forum.
I just with the mods would move all of this bomb crap to off topic whear it belongs.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-31-2006, 2:22 PM
Kurt..........I'm sorry if you're offended by the "inside joke". Late last fall there was a turner's "itty bitty" contest. I was intrigued by the abilities of the turners here and by their sense of humor. I'm not a turner. I commented that the turning of exotics must have the same effect as smoking dope, drinking wine or drinking beer". I've used that saying multiple times since. The turners encouraged me to join them and I resisted. Now they are seeking their revenge which should happen according to their posts today. Now it's no longer an inside joke and I can tell you that in fact......these folks would never intentionally offend anyone..........unless you stir up their nest.....which is what I've apparently done.:o

Steve Clardy
01-31-2006, 2:28 PM
Problem is that inside jokes are fun for those on the inside but they tend to ailenate everyone who is now on the outside.
I know it is not your intention to ailenate other turners even for good natured jokes but you are and it is not fair to them to belittle them for feeling bad because you are makeing them feel like outsiders.

Simple human psychology.
What makes it worse is that the mods for this forum are in on the joke and are allowing threads like this to stay here instead of moveing all of this banter into the off topic forum whear it belongs.
I just with the mods would move all of this bomb crap to off topic whear it belongs.

It will be over with. Soon.

Mike Ramsey
01-31-2006, 2:32 PM
Mr. Clardy, do you know that you look a lot like Jack Elam?

Steve Clardy
01-31-2006, 2:35 PM
Mr. Clardy, do you know that you look a lot like Jack Elam?

He's my uncle on mom's side.:D

John Miliunas
01-31-2006, 2:39 PM

Simple human psychology.

Kurt, quite simply, this is not a joke, although it has indeed been some fun, I can assure you, with much more fun to be had by more than just the "principle" parties currently involved. I can also assure you that it is quite "ON topic". The threads themselves are quite self explanatory and, if you wish to not read them, don't. We certainly won't be offended. :) Personally, I love listening to the radio but, totally abhor some of the commercials on some of my favorite stations. One of them comes on and I grab the remote and switch stations. Later on, when another stupid commercial comes on, I switch back. In other words, if it's playing, I do not have to listen to and choose not to, so I go to another station for a while. No biggie. I'm not going to stop listening to the station forever nor, will I totally turn off the radio. And, I certainly can't stop the station from playing the commercial, though I wish I could. :rolleyes:

So, unless I am over-ruled by powers larger than mine (which wouldn't take much:rolleyes: ), I choose to leave the thread(s) right where it's at. I will certainly NOT hold it against anyone who sees it differently, nor will I prevent them from not tuning in. :D :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
01-31-2006, 3:25 PM
Kurt..........I'm sorry if you're offended by the "inside joke". Late last fall there was a turner's "itty bitty" contest. I was intrigued by the abilities of the turners here and by their sense of humor. I'm not a turner. I commented that the turning of exotics must have the same effect as smoking dope, drinking wine or drinking beer". I've used that saying multiple times since. The turners encouraged me to join them and I resisted. Now they are seeking their revenge which should happen according to their posts today. Now it's no longer an inside joke and I can tell you that in fact......these folks would never intentionally offend anyone..........unless you stir up their nest.....which is what I've apparently done.:o

Ohh you just wait Ken!! No one can resist the vortex, even if it takes a great whopla!! :)

Mark Cothren
01-31-2006, 3:32 PM
Assimilation draweth nigh...

Kurt Aebi
01-31-2006, 3:37 PM
Haven't been here in a while, so

TOTALLY CONFUSED, I AM, I AM!!!!!!!!!!

I know a lot of you already knew that - just trying to reassure those that didn't:eek: :D

Jeff Sudmeier
01-31-2006, 3:42 PM

I know a lot of you already knew that - just trying to reassure those that didn't:eek: :D

All in good time my good man, all in good time and you shall no longer be confused about this particular post :)

John Miliunas
01-31-2006, 3:46 PM

Hah! Think that's bad??? I know a little of what's going on here and I'm getting confused!!!:eek: :D :cool:

Robert Mickley
01-31-2006, 4:00 PM
Well its obvious the US Navy isn't delivering the bomb or it would have hit by now. Must be the Air Force, probably stopped for coffee or something :D

Dennis Peacock
01-31-2006, 4:02 PM
Well its obvious the US Navy isn't delivering the bomb or it would have hit by now. Must be the Air Force, probably stopped for coffee or something :D

In flight refueling actually. :rolleyes: :D

Glenn Clabo
01-31-2006, 4:06 PM

I work for the Navy and my son is in the Air Force...so now I'm really offended. ;) :D

Bob Noles
01-31-2006, 4:15 PM
Actually it is coming by crop duster.... how else are we going to spread those shavings all over Ken's lawn :D :D

Robert Mickley
01-31-2006, 4:16 PM
I work for the Navy and my son is in the Air Force...so now I'm really offended. ;) :D

Glad I could help ya out there Glenn, I'm an equal opportunity offender :D :D :D

Kurt Forbes
01-31-2006, 4:19 PM
I had no problems with them at all actually. Some of the earlier posts on this thread were pretty harsh on the people that didn't "get it" I just wanted to remind everyone of why there could be harsh feelings about the subject.
I just ignored the threads about "bomb" and "it".

This whole thread was intended to point out that some people were irritated at the posts. Instead of accepting responsibility that you did make people feel bad at being outsiders.You post here to point out the fact that you did bother some people. Then what bothered me was that several people that I respect here post comments disparageing those people. All I am doing is pointing out why people could be put off by the threads.
Take the information for what it is worth.

Kurt Aebi
02-01-2006, 9:42 AM
DUH! Now I Get It

I'm a little slow - too much cold and snow/slush - I guess!

Maybe it's the exhaust fumes from the snowblower or something? (Or maybe it's just Natural - You Decide!) :rolleyes:

Michael Stafford
02-01-2006, 9:46 AM
DUH! Now I Get It

I'm a little slow - too much cold and snow/slush - I guess!

Maybe it's the exhaust fumes from the snowblower or something? (Or maybe it's just Natural - You Decide!) :rolleyes:

Snow, slush, exhaust fumes etc. will eventually make you null and void, Kurt.:p :eek: ;)

Move South young man, move south!!!:D :D