PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati/Covington

Rob Luter
05-03-2023, 5:26 PM
My Bride and I just returned from our annual Spring road trip. This year it was Cincinnati/Covington by way of Indy and the old National Road (US-40). A boatload of antique malls and other attractions. A highlight was stopping by Lost Art Press in Covington and spending a little quality time with Christopher Schwarz and Megan Fitzgerald. The storefront is located in an extremely cool old neighborhood. Chris and Megan were very welcoming and Megan in particular was the consummate hostess. She was very tolerant of my desire to pepper her with questions. I made sure to lighten my wallet a bit (dovetail marker and card scraper) prior to taking her suggestion for a great lunch spot (Y’all Cafe on the riverfront), I also scored a nice 3/4 rounding molding plane and a Buck Brothers cranked neck 3/4 gouge at an antique mall in Cinci. Checked some boxes for me.
I’m looking forward to the annual trip next spring. Maybe the east coast next time? More old tool opportunities?

Jim Koepke
05-03-2023, 6:29 PM
It is fun to go rust hunting on a road trip. Many of my fun finds were while driving up and down the west coast when Candy and I were house hunting.

jtk

Frederick Skelly
05-04-2023, 9:22 PM
Sounds great Rob. Glad the gang at LAP was so welcoming!

Andrew Alexander
05-04-2023, 9:51 PM
Sounds like an outstanding trip! I grew up about 3 miles from the Willard St. shop in Ludlow. Of course this was pre-gentrified neighborhoods. I really need to travel up there sometime soon.

steven c newman
05-04-2023, 10:24 PM
Getting close to my Hunting Grounds.....

Lil Sheba's on US 40, west of Richmond, IN...GREAT food...and the is a Mall just to the north edge of town....along with 4 or 5 other small stores...

Tipp City,OH. is known for all of it's Antique Stores....like about half of the Downtown area...

Where US 40 and I-70 cross east of Springfield,OH ( Harmony,OH) there are TWO large antique malls.....