PDA

View Full Version : Finished my shelter last night

Carole Valentine
01-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Sure hope it's strong enough! I couldn't get the lead sheathing I wanted, but maybe the 3' concrete walls and 8' of dirt will be enough. Now I have to get to to the store to stock it with provisions...I may be in there for a looong time! Of course I built a little cubby for my mini, some tools and a few blanks and ran power from the generator. Can't be without my turning fix! I can hold another couple of turners if in there is need and as long as you like dogs!:D

Time is short! Prepare yourselves!!!

Bernie Weishapl
01-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Dogs are fine Carole as long as I can bring my helmet, my cold brew, lathe, tools and 13" tv.:D

Keith Burns
01-30-2006, 11:55 AM
Will it hold 79 cats?????

DUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Ramsey
01-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Got my portable bomb shelter last week...have an extra for sell
cheap, pickup only.......

Cecil Arnold
01-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Mike, that looks like Andy & Ken's shelter!

Ken Fitzgerald
01-30-2006, 1:00 PM
Now Carole's gotten into the fray!

PFFSLFTT! to U2!

Michael Stafford
01-30-2006, 1:12 PM
THAR SHE BLOWS!!!!

HEAD FOR THE HILLS!!!!

IT'S EVERY MAN AND WOMAN FOR HIMSELF!!!!

KEN, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!! NOTHING WILL SAVE YOU NOW!!!!

Andy Hoyt
01-30-2006, 1:31 PM
Mike, that looks like Andy & Ken's shelter!
Nope! Not for me. I'm going in "without protection"!

"Pilot to Bombardier, open the bomb bay doors"!

Rob Bourgeois
01-30-2006, 3:38 PM
Got my portable bomb shelter last week...have an extra for sell
cheap, pickup only.......
FUnny...on the way down to New Orleans the day after Katrina..these thigns were still standing upright on construction sites where cranes were bent like pretzels. I also saw one at a highway construction site that was still upright but the Interstate sign was bent. Maybe you are on to something here. :):D

George Troy Hurlburt
01-30-2006, 3:54 PM
Hunker down Carole, there is a big wind coming your wave. Hope you are water proof in your little cubby hole. GT

John Hart
01-30-2006, 4:28 PM
I'd like to hang out there too. Can I have Bernie's beer? :)

Dennis Peacock
01-30-2006, 4:37 PM
I'm glad I live this fer souffffffffff.....Maybe I won't get hit by any "fall out"!!!!!

Keith Burns
01-30-2006, 4:41 PM
I'm glad I live this fer souffffffffff.....Maybe I won't get hit by any "fall out"!!!!!

Dennis my friend, you will get fallout, I guarantee it ! Reality is the fallout will cover virtuallity the whole country, from coast to coast, border to border. I think I'll catch a plane to Mexico !:eek:

Cecil Arnold
01-30-2006, 4:57 PM
Anyone remember the movie "On The Beach?" I think we might look at Australia.

Keith Burns
01-30-2006, 5:18 PM
Anyone remember the movie "On The Beach?" I think we might look at Australia.

Maybe we could charter a Jet with a built in Lathe Room.:D Sign me up:D All those lathes spinning would act like a gyroscope and keep it flying straight ?

Vaughn McMillan
01-30-2006, 5:31 PM
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.

Jim Becker
01-30-2006, 5:37 PM
Maybe we could charter a Jet with a built in Lathe Room.

I'd make a suggestion about a particular aircraft being perfect for the job, but it might turn political...can't have none of that here at SMC! :D

Ken Fitzgerald
01-30-2006, 5:42 PM
And I thought this was a moderated site .....where the moderators kept the "hooligans" in check?:confused: :p :D

Bernie Weishapl
01-30-2006, 6:08 PM
I'd like to hang out there too. Can I have Bernie's beer? :)

Sure John join the crowd I brought plenty. Figured it might be a day or two before we can come out.:p :D

Jim Dunn
01-30-2006, 6:25 PM
Rob, that's because most of em were already turned over. The wind set em upright:) Carol, how's the coffee supply??

Andy Hoyt
01-30-2006, 7:09 PM
Have you ever noticed - in the movies and in real life - that just before the big thing happens it gets really really quiet?

Well, that tracks the same for our Tick Tock One flight.

It's now in stealth mode.

You can't hear it, you can't smell it (blessedly), and you sure can't see it.

But we know it's out there - somewhere.

Shhhhhhhh. Listen for it.

Lee DeRaud
01-30-2006, 7:39 PM
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.Easy for you to say...

David Fried
01-30-2006, 9:16 PM
Thanks Carole!

I dug my hole in the back yard. I have my door, plastic sheeting, duct tape, and skew chisel.

I'm ready! (I think) :D

Dave Fried

Jim Becker
01-30-2006, 9:22 PM
I dug my hole in the back yard. I have my door, plastic sheeting, duct tape, and skew chisel.

You want to be locked away with a skew chisel? Oh, my...hopefully the blast will cure you!

John Miliunas
01-30-2006, 9:30 PM
Have you ever noticed - in the movies and in real life - that just before the big thing happens it gets really really quiet?

Well, that tracks the same for our Tick Tock One flight.

It's now in stealth mode.

You can't hear it, you can't smell it (blessedly), and you sure can't see it.

But we know it's out there - somewhere.

Shhhhhhhh. Listen for it.

Yup, know what you mean, Andy. BUT, I'm still keeping my hearing protection within reach! ....I just can't handle anything much louder than a "Rush" concert anymore! :D :cool:

Andy Hoyt
01-31-2006, 11:26 AM
BOMB'S AWAY!

Carl Eyman
01-31-2006, 1:17 PM
Are we flat landers braver or just more stupid?

Ken Fitzgerald
01-31-2006, 1:20 PM
Depends on you point of view Carl......Ignorance is bliss or safe in the knowledge that the world is flat!

Jean Holland
01-31-2006, 3:56 PM
Hey guys, turners just have more dimensions....we can do flat, but perfer the smooth contours of round. It's like dancing to your own beat....it may be different than your's, but just as beautiful.

Now don't just stand there.....Take Cover!

Dennis Peacock
01-31-2006, 4:05 PM
Now don't just stand there.....Take Cover!

You tell'em Jean!!!!!:D

Robert Mickley
01-31-2006, 4:08 PM
ALL RIGHT!! THATS IT. I want to know how you guys managed to round up all these good looking female turners? :D

And Happy birthday Jean

Jean Holland
01-31-2006, 4:22 PM
ALL RIGHT!! THATS IT. I want to know how you guys managed to round up all these good looking female turners? :D
Now you know why so many come to the dark side ;)

And Happy birthday Jean
I decided to come out of hiding and post my real picture since it is my birthday. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the compliment! :D

Bob Noles
01-31-2006, 4:28 PM
Now you know why so many come to the dark side ;)

I decided to come out of hiding and post my real picture since it is my birthday. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the compliment! :D

Jean,

Happy Birthday!

We have been trying to tell Ken F about the advantages of turning, but he won't listen. Now maybe with your picture he can see for himself what he is missing out on :D

Jim Dunn
01-31-2006, 5:40 PM
Jean Happy Birthday. Nope, I'm not gonna ask a women how old she is when she's armed with all sorts of sharp instruments:)

David Fried
01-31-2006, 5:53 PM
Jean Happy Birthday. Nope, I'm not gonna ask a women how old she is when she's armed with all sorts of sharp instruments:)

I'd be afraid to mess with a goverment accountant!