PDA

View Full Version : Super Glide or Silbergleit Dry?

Jonathan Jung
04-28-2023, 1:04 PM
Looking for an alternative to paste wax for making machines slippery. I need something I can use mid-processing, so I want minimal dry time. Also, I shy away from sprays for two reasons. One, they can get onto things you don't want, and two, they get up into my nose and face which doesn't appeal to my health.

Felder Super Glide in spray version, or Silbergleit Dry in can, anyone used both to compare? Does the dry product require a flash / dry time like paste wax?

https://www.felder-group.com/en-us/shop/lubrication-agents-sc589798/super-glide-sp589785

https://www.felder-group.com/en-us/shop/lubrication-agents-sc589798/silber-gleit-dry-lubricant-sp589782

andy bessette
04-28-2023, 2:06 PM
Bostik GlideCote.

George Yetka
04-28-2023, 2:10 PM
been using the felder metallglanz which does not require any real sit time. That being said I spray on wait a couple and wipe it mostly off.

Jonathan Jung
04-28-2023, 3:12 PM
Bostik GlideCote.

Tried it and wasn't impressed with how long it lasted.

andy bessette
04-28-2023, 3:54 PM
Tried it and wasn't impressed with how long it lasted.

Be sure to let it dry before buffing. I clean the surface first with acetone.

Bradley Gray
04-30-2023, 9:11 PM
I use paraffin wax. Rub some on tables and fences. No finishing issues.

Steve Jenkins
05-01-2023, 6:15 AM
I use paste wax but just wipe it on and immediately buff it off. No dry time. It works fine that way.

Phillip Mitchell
05-01-2023, 8:07 AM
I use paste wax but just wipe it on and immediately buff it off. No dry time. It works fine that way.

Same here. My last can of Johnson paste wax is almost out and I’m interested in this topic also as I think it has been recently discontinued.

I use wax for cast iron machine tops, waxing hardware screws, and other general shop uses and always keep a can in the shop and another on installs as it can be very handy at times.

Does “furniture grade” ie: expensive wax like Renaissance work equally well in all these scenarios?

Paul Saffold
05-01-2023, 9:02 AM
I use Staples Crystal Clear paste wax. They also have it in brown. I haven't tried it but Minwax has a paste wax.