PDA

View Full Version : And I thought spray glue got expensive

dennis thompson
04-26-2023, 7:03 AM
I use a lot of spray glue to make my intarsia and it’s gotten, what I think, is expensive ($12-$15).
But yesterday my wife asked to order some hairspray she likes and couldn’t find locally, Amazon had it for only $39:eek:
Time to invest in some beauty stocks!

Stan Calow
04-26-2023, 9:04 AM
Well there was the famous incident of the beauty influencer who used Gorilla brand spray glue to set her hair. So you could try to convince her the glue is a viable option.

Jim Becker
04-26-2023, 9:50 AM
I actually bought a spray bomb of adhesive yesterday at Joann Fabric and was surprised it was $12+...but yea, the cost of products that folks use for their hair is pretty amazing. I'll just stick to my basic shampoo and hair ties, thank you very much. :)

Dwayne Watt
04-26-2023, 11:31 AM
I use a lot of spray glue to make my intarsia and it’s gotten, what I think, is expensive ($12-$15).
But yesterday my wife asked to order some hairspray she likes and couldn’t find locally, Amazon had it for only $39:eek:
Time to invest in some beauty stocks!
The Amazon reseller pricing probably means that brand or formulation is no longer being made.

Brian Deakin
04-27-2023, 5:31 AM
I was as a pharmacist for 35 years and the company I worked for made thier own brand shampoo and a shampoo which they had the licience to add the name of a renowned hair dresser in the Uk
The branded shampoo made 5 times the profit of the unbranded shampoo

Some products are not price sensitve and people associate price with quality when there is no link

If you think it through as a pharmacist I know about as much about cutting hair as the renowned the dresser knows about making shampoo

I did as a pharmacy undregratuate student make, shampoos ,creams ointments ,lotions.mixtures,suspensions,pessaries, suppositories ,injections ,powders, ,pills ,capsules,linements,drafts,applications,waters and toothepaste

In one practical I made strawberry toothepaste and an Asian friend on the course made Chocolate and Curry flavour Interstingly the Chocolate and Curry toothepaste did not do well in the blind taste test The Chocolate and Curry toothepaste also was not visually very appealing

Stan Calow
04-27-2023, 8:18 AM
I was as a pharmacist for 35 years and the company I worked for made thier own brand shampoo and a shampoo which they had the licience to add the name of a renowned hair dresser in the Uk
The branded shampoo made 5 times the profit of the unbranded shampoo

Some products are not price sensitive and people associate price with quality when there is no link

If you look at the ingredient lists on shampoo bottles (and other stuff) you'll see that the basic active ingredients are mostly the same. The difference is the perfumes they add to make a distinctive scent that people will be attracted to, without any real cleaning benefit. Just marketing.