PDA

View Full Version : Issues with fine woodworking

Terry Therneau
04-14-2023, 6:26 PM
I haven't been able to log in for a couple of months, and any use of "reset password" ends up with a "not available, try later" message.
Is it just me?
It's not a site I look at during business hours (I work), so all I get from a call is the pre-recorded "call back during normal business hours" message.

Terry T.

Paul F Franklin
04-14-2023, 7:20 PM
It seems both FWW and FHB have recently, finally, transitioned to a system where you can actually view the status of your subscriptions with accurate start and end dates, and update your payment info, etc. If you haven't tried in the last week or two you may want to try again. Before the recent updates, I had to rely on my records of payments to guess when my all-access subscription was expired and then it was always a phone call to renew. I'm hoping they finally realized how many frustrated customers they had (and lost). It's a shame that publications that are leaders in their fields had such terrible customer support.

Stan Calow
04-14-2023, 7:22 PM
Terry T. I've visited there regularly without interruption for a long time. I know some other people have complained of problems, however. Have you tried clearing your cookies for that site?

Ken Fitzgerald
04-14-2023, 8:41 PM
I cleared some things yesterday on my desktop requiring me to login again to FWW. It worked fine for me. I haven't had to login since I signed in yesterday.

Stephen Tashiro
04-15-2023, 12:30 PM
I haven't been able to log in for a couple of months, and any use of "reset password" ends up with a "not available, try later" message.

I'm not a FWW subscriber, but I have a similar problem with my TMobile login. It is apparently due to TMobile adding tracking software to their site and my browser detecting that it is malware.

I can't login to the account at a local bank on my old computer because the bank's software says the computer's browser is out of date.

Edward Weber
04-15-2023, 3:10 PM
I had a similar issue at FWW.
I ended up having to change some setting on my browser to rectify the issue. I use Firefox and basically restarted without add-ons or plugins.
I don't know if they changed something on their end or one of my browser updates made it happen but all is well now.