PDA

View Full Version : Excellent customer service from Woodcraft

Robert Hayward
04-13-2023, 7:23 PM
I have an adjustable height shop stool from Woodcraft that I have had for several years. This past weekend the plastic tractor seat cracked. If I shifted my weight just right the crack would open up a small amount. Then shift my weight another direction and the crack would close up tightly with a bit of my skin pinched. Very painfully pinched I will add. Covered the seat with a towel held in place with double sided tape but that did not stay in place very long.

Sunday afternoon went on the Woodcraft site and they were offering free shipping for the Easter weekend. Reluctantly ordered a new stool at at $115.00 plus tax but free shipping. Mid morning the next day, Monday, I started wondering if they sold parts for the stool. Called sales and was transferred to tech. Guy said yes I have a few seats out back and transferred me back to sales. They took name and address and said a new seat would be shipped out the next day, no charge!

I mentioned I had ordered an new stool the day prior and would not need it with the replacement seat. Lady checked and said it was already shipped. I left it at that thinking I would now have two stools. The new seat arrived via UPS this morning but not the new stool. Checked tracking and Woodcraft had sent a return to sender request to UPS for the stool package. The new stool made it all the way to Jacksonville, Florida before UPS turned it around and sent it back to Woodcraft.

Hard to beat good customer service like that.

Edward Weber
04-13-2023, 7:40 PM
Good to know, I have the same stool

Brian Tymchak
04-13-2023, 9:30 PM
I also have had excellent CS from Woodcraft, both at my local store and the headquarters in Parkersburg, WVa. 2? years ago, I ordered a drill press fence and it came with 1 flip stop. I wanted a 2nd so I called them to see if I could order the flip stop as a separate part. Couln't do that but a guy in the warehouse came up with a spare that they sold to me for $20. I use that 2nd stop all the time. One of the best $20 investments I've made.

Don Penniman
04-14-2023, 9:23 AM
I had a great customer service from Al at our local Woodcraft store. Years ago, before Woodcraft sold their excellent silicone chisel tip protectors, I bought a pair of skew chisels and wanted to get tip protectors. Not an item they stocked, but Al made a phone call to West Virginia and spent about an hour of his time to deliver a product worth less than $1 to a customer. I don't they charged me for them.

It paid off for Woodcraft. Since then I have spend lots of money there.