PDA

View Full Version : Latest work

Jim Adkins
04-11-2023, 11:22 AM
Morning Creekers.....I've been absent for a very long time due to my hobby going
crazy with activity, will explain later but for now I want to honor a request from my
good turning friend Richard Madden by posting my latest work. these pics are a copy
of Fanny Nampeyo, Hopi potter from an earlier time. Size is 13" D. x 8" H., turned
end-grain from Sugar Maple. I used Acrylic water-based paints with an aerosol Krylon
UV matte finish for protection. Questions, comments & even down-right nasty remarks
all welcomed. Thanks for looking.

Robert Hayward
04-11-2023, 12:02 PM
Very nice! I like the design.

John Keeton
04-11-2023, 12:04 PM
Jim, it is so good to see you back on the creek and to know you are doing well!! As always, your work is top shelf, done with authentic respect for your inspiration, and executed with precision. Beautiful!!!

Walter Mooney
04-11-2023, 3:39 PM
Magnificent! And good to see you’re back sir!

Jack Lilley
04-11-2023, 6:09 PM
Beautiful work!

Eugene Dixon
04-11-2023, 7:34 PM
very nice.

Steve Schlumpf
04-12-2023, 9:25 AM
Jim, great to see you back on the Creek! Excellent work, as I would expect with anything you create! Love that the design is hand painted, gives the piece even more authenticity. Thanks for sharing!!

Jim Adkins
04-12-2023, 7:16 PM
Thanks guys for all the compliments. Yes, it's been a long time away from the Creek. A lot
has transpired with my work, have done many Basket demos around the country, taught Baskets
at Arkansas Craft school, assisted THE John Jordan at Arrowmont school, was saddened to hear
of his passing. Time moves on, I'm setting on 88, my wife suffered a stroke in Feb 21 & I've been
Mr. Mom. She has pretty much recovered but I still don't spend much time in the shop.
Thanks again,.JIm

Richard Madden
04-12-2023, 9:35 PM
Mr. Adkins...I'm glad to see this finally posted. This is a beautiful piece and I am happy you are sharing. Your talent is tremendous and appreciated. And a big thank you to Keith for assisting in the posting.