PDA

View Full Version : Kehoe Spline Jig

Jerry Todd
01-29-2006, 7:26 PM
Any Creekers used the Kehoe Spline Jig? If so are you happy with the results?
Would use it on small boxes to "add interest".

Russell Svenningsen
01-29-2006, 10:03 PM
I have had it for several years and have used it on a number of projects. I find the reinforcement it provides a simple miter joint significant for boxes, etc. I do like the way it looks.

Best,
Russell

Russ Massery
01-29-2006, 10:34 PM
Yes. I haven't used it much but very happy with the results. I do suggest buying the bearing mounted dovetail bits. Much easier to work with jig.

Kevin Jaynes
11-28-2008, 7:40 PM
Hello Jerry,

Just to let you know I am not senile (yet), I do realize this is an old post. Did you ever get one of the jigs?

My wife and I own the company, and are about to offer a jig through the Free Stuff Drawing. Maybe more than once if there is enough interest.

Charles Neil recently did a video review of the jig.

If you did not purchase a jig back in 2006, I hope you win one in the coming give-away here at SC!

Michael Donahue
11-28-2008, 7:50 PM
Hey that jig is cool! :cool:

Doug Shepard
11-28-2008, 9:15 PM
That is a very slick jig. Wouldn't mind winning one of those one little bit:)

Dick Bringhurst
11-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Can someone post a pic. of the jig? Dick B.

Kevin Jaynes
11-28-2008, 10:41 PM
Dick, I had the link posted but it violated the TOS. My bad. I would post a picture or two but I am not sure I should. Don't want to cause trouble.

It is the only jig by that name.

Dewey Torres
11-28-2008, 10:54 PM
This should be legit since it is not a link...

http://www.dovetailspline.com/images/double_table.jpg
http://www.dovetailspline.com/images/LTMasterKit.jpg

Don Dorn
11-29-2008, 12:10 AM
I've had one for a few years and used it quite a bit - I'm very satisfied with the results. It certainly adds tremendous strength to the joint but I think it's at it's best with miters.

Doug Shepard
11-29-2008, 6:36 AM
Can someone post a pic. of the jig? Dick B.

Click on Kevin's name and click on the 'View Kevin's Homepage" choice when the context menu pops up.

Jim Becker
11-29-2008, 9:42 AM
That's a pretty kewel jig! Kevin, I'm glad you're working with Keith and/or Glenn on a FreeStuff drawing...that's a winner!

Kevin Jaynes
11-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks Jim! Looking forward to being an asset to this fine community of woodworkers.

Bill Huber
11-29-2008, 10:56 AM
That is really cool, ordered mine last night...

I will post some results when I get it and make some boxes.

I really like the look of dovetails on both sides.

Daren K Nelson
11-29-2008, 11:43 AM
I have one, love it. I bought another to keep mine at my place (seems like it was always at my dads ;), now he has his own) I am not a "gadget" guy...but this tool is not like that for me. Super strong joints let me do things I could not before. Plus it is easy to use and just cool. Like this little stool, no way a simple miter would have held up...I could not flip this over and kick it apart with the splines now, no joke.

Mark W Pugh
11-18-2012, 8:40 AM
Everyone still like there jig? Been pondering getting one for a while now. I know this is an old thread, so everyone should have been able to solidify their reviews. Also, I don't understand what the "Corner Inlaying Jig" is suppose to be used for. The wife is looking for something to buy me, so I figured I would look at this. Thanks.

Bill Huber
11-18-2012, 3:20 PM
Everyone still like there jig? Been pondering getting one for a while now. I know this is an old thread, so everyone should have been able to solidify their reviews. Also, I don't understand what the "Corner Inlaying Jig" is suppose to be used for. The wife is looking for something to buy me, so I figured I would look at this. Thanks.

I still have mine, I don't use the Kehoe as much as I thought I would but I do use the Corner Inlay jig a lot more then I thought I would.
The first box has the corner inlays on it the second image is when I first got the jigs, it has both the Kehoe wedges and the corner inlays. The corner inlay can be done on the table saw or router table with a larger jig but the small corner inlay jig is easy to work with.

Mark W Pugh
11-18-2012, 3:34 PM
I still have mine, I don't use the Kehoe as much as I thought I would but I do use the Corner Inlay jig a lot more then I thought I would.
The first box has the corner inlays on it the second image is when I first got the jigs, it has both the Kehoe wedges and the corner inlays. The corner inlay can be done on the table saw or router table with a larger jig but the small corner inlay jig is easy to work with.

Thanks Bill. Nice box by the way. I was looking on line at the corner inlay jig, and it just looks like some angle iron welded to a flat piece of steel. Is there a slot somewhere in the jig? I'm not getting how this thing works. Sorry for the simple questions.

Bill Huber
11-18-2012, 3:51 PM
Thanks Bill. Nice box by the way. I was looking on line at the corner inlay jig, and it just looks like some angle iron welded to a flat piece of steel. Is there a slot somewhere in the jig? I'm not getting how this thing works. Sorry for the simple questions.

It is made out of PVC and it has a hole in it for a bushing and then you just set it on the corner and slide it though. Here are some pictures of it I went out and shot so you could see it better, mine is white.

Mark W Pugh
11-18-2012, 4:35 PM
It is made out of PVC and it has a hole in it for a bushing and then you just set it on the corner and slide it though. Here are some pictures of it I went out and shot so you could see it better, mine is white.

Got it! Thanks!

Mark W Pugh
12-07-2016, 8:15 PM
Old thread, but this is Infinity's new jig, at least the first I've seen of it. Looks like a Kehoe remake?

http://www.infinitytools.com/complete-tapered-dovetail-spline-systems

Anyone still using the other one mentioned above?