PDA

View Full Version : Small project help

olena zheludkova
04-10-2023, 12:32 PM
I wanted to see if you all could point me to, or see if anyone is interested, in a very small project.

I have a couple vintage outdoor chairs from 1961. One of the round wood "legs" is broken and I need a replacement. The photos are pretty self-explainatory. The full diameter is right at 1 inch. The relieved area that goes into the aluminium tube is about 7/8". The entire leg is 7 inches, the smaller part is 4 inches. I would not need any holes bored or the chamfer on the bottom. I can provide 1 inch diamter wood rod as well. I am not sure of the wood, I have reached out to the company- still in business in New York, but have not heard back. I can match the stain with any straight grained lighter wood.

Have not found anyone local interested in such a small thing.

David Bassett
04-10-2023, 12:37 PM
Where are you located? That seems like a project much more easily completed with full access to the previous part, and maybe the existing chair, than it would be by "remote control".

olena zheludkova
04-10-2023, 6:15 PM
Where are you located? That seems like a project much more easily completed with full access to the previous part, and maybe the existing chair, than it would be by "remote control".

Atlanta. Would certainly be easy to send the existing part and wood.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-10-2023, 6:34 PM
For a Creeker? I would be happy to do it free. I will PM you my address.

olena zheludkova
04-10-2023, 7:58 PM
For a Creeker? I would be happy to do it free. I will PM you my address.

Thanks much Ken, I have answered that PM.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-07-2023, 3:17 PM
Olena,

I want to make sure this is what you want.

Peter Blair
05-08-2023, 9:00 AM
Well done Ken. I do small items like this all the time for people in my community because I have the tools and the time. I never charge anyone for little jobs like this as I enjoy helping others.

olena zheludkova
05-08-2023, 12:17 PM
Perfect! Sent you a PM.