PDA

View Full Version : Does SMC have a gallery of pictures of their WW projects?

Rick Reinsma
01-29-2006, 4:13 PM
I was just curious if this was avaliable as I enjoy seeing the finished projects either big or small of the many SMC member's projects.I find gloat's about new tool purchases but how about some gloat's on what has been made. After all anyone can buy a tool ,but I like to see what you did with the tool.

Keith Outten
01-29-2006, 5:33 PM
Rick,

We currently don't have a photo gallery. We are in the process of adding a Shop Tours Module though and when it is complete we will then decide what our next project will be.

The problem with hosting pictures is that they are generally large in file size and consume bandwidth like a kid eats cookies. A photo gallery would be simular to a shop tours section, I expect it would require about twice the bandwidth and server clock cycles to host than SMC.

If you visit our Support Forum and view our monthly statistics note the data transfer numbers we support each month. In a couple of days when we post the January stats you will be able to see how fast we are growing by comparing January 06 to December 05.

Jim Becker
01-29-2006, 9:03 PM
Rick, while there isn't a specific place for project pictures, there are very large numbers of pictures of completed (and in-progress) projects throughout SMC. Unfortuantely, it's hard to search on them because of the "variety" of ways folks name their threads. (Personally, I try to title my own project threads with the word "Project" as the first word)

So just keep your eye on the new Threads from folks, especially the ones with the little paperclip in the title...that means there are pictures (hosted by SMC) in the thread.

Rick Reinsma
01-30-2006, 7:53 PM
Thank's Keith and Jim ,I understand

Mike Parzych
01-30-2006, 8:43 PM
Rick - you can try left clicking the member's name to see if they have a web page showing work.