PDA

View Full Version : Oertli Tooling

Phillip Mitchell
04-01-2023, 11:09 AM
Does anyone have knowledge or experience with this brand? Internet research indicates Swiss made, which would further indicate $$ and quality.

This cutterhead and a few others came with an new(old) shaper I just bought and am hoping to find out a little more it - maybe a spec sheet, where to order replacement carbide if necessary, etc. It looks like a adjustable groover on steroids and has 35-60 stamped on the top along with some other markings.

I found a name and phone number of what looks like a tooling supplier with the Oertli name here in NC that I will call next week to see if they can help.

Ill include a photo of the shaper as well, which I have yet to unload but am excited about getting set up. 70s-80s era Wadkin BEM.

Joe Calhoon
04-01-2023, 10:25 PM
Phillip, Oertli is high quality tooling. I have a couple of their heads. They displayed at IWF a few years ago but don’t know if they have any dealers here. Mac Campsure helped in their booth at the show and made some displays for them. He might know if anyone handles the brand here.

Phillip Mitchell
04-02-2023, 9:33 AM
Thanks Joe. I might reach out to Mac if I don’t find any answers on my own. It certainly looks like nice tooling.