View Full Version : Vevor Chuck M33 x 3.5 Taper

David Metzman
03-17-2023, 3:41 PM
I was thinking about buyiing a small chuck for my Oneway lathe. I have a few Strongholds but the jaws are not too small. I was turning a bowl recently and the smallest jaws were too big. I was thinking about getting a 3.5 inch Barracuda and a separate adapter for 33M.

I just noticed that Vevor sells chucks that come with a 33M adapter.

Had anyone used one of these?

Thanks,
DM

Jeffrey J Smith
03-17-2023, 8:36 PM
Hadn’t heard of Ave or before your post. Looking at their site there’s a definite slant to metal turning machinery and accessories. Have you considered getting a Oneway Talon chuck - it’s the smaller brother to the Stronghold.

Richard Casey
03-18-2023, 7:14 PM
One of my friends bought one of them here in Aus from eBay. He was having issues with it and I took all my measuring gear and checked his spindle thread. It was extremely close to perfect, but the female thread in the chuck was very, very sloppy. Also 3 of the moving jaw slides were average fit, but one had an enormous amount of slop on the scroll thread. I told him to cut his losses, buy a quality chuck, which he did.
When it comes to woodturning Chuck's, buy the best, weep once, enjoy the quality forever.
Just my AUD$0.07 cents worth, including exchange rate.
Rgds,
Richard.

David Metzman
03-19-2023, 5:03 PM
I hear you - I decided to try it out. It has a 30 day return policy. Hopefully I i will use it before then.

$120 and comes with 4 sets of jaws and the M33 fitting so I can use on a Oneway lathe. The talon chuck is 160 or so just for the body.

David Metzman
03-19-2023, 5:06 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184253270553

I will give a report once I get it.

Richard Coers
03-20-2023, 12:05 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184253270553

I will give a report once I get it.
Let us know how those accurate bearings work out. What the heck? 498023

David Metzman
03-22-2023, 11:14 AM
I have to donate again to see the picture posted. I wish there was a multiyear option.

I assume the post is the reference to the fat it says it has accurate bearings and I assume there are no bearings.

I received it. Looks ok. I will see how it mounts.

I saw in another post about a chuck something about run out - not sure what that is. How do I check that. Thanks

Peter Blair
03-25-2023, 9:38 AM
lol! ? Too funny!

David Metzman
03-29-2023, 7:57 AM
I mounted on my lathe. I did not turn anything in it but put in a piece of wood and turned the lathe on. Seems to be ok.

It mounts directly to oneway and has an insert that screws in to reduce it to 1 * 8. It should be ok for gripping smaller items that the stronghold chucks are too big for.