PDA

View Full Version : table saw blade

Aaron Kline
01-28-2006, 5:44 PM
OK,
I'm buying a new ts blade and don't want to spend more than 50 bucks, but I want a good performer. I am looking at a 50 tooth combo blade by irwin from woodcraft and the dewalt dw7657. Is systimatic still around? Their blades seem pricey though. What are your thoughts? I saw somewhere on the net that supposedly the dewalt 7657 is as good as a forest ww2, but I'm skeptical of that.

Mark Singer
01-28-2006, 6:18 PM
Aaron,
I have that dewalt and a Forrest WWII....in some ways the dewalt seems even better! Its a great deal

CPeter James
01-28-2006, 6:46 PM
This one costs more up front, but in the long run you will spend less. I just got one back from them having been sharpened and a tooth replaced for $25 including shipping. It cuts even better than new and better than my freshly sharpened WWII. Someone once told me" pay me now or pay me later" I find that this is true.

CPeter

scott spencer
01-28-2006, 6:57 PM
The Forrest and the Ridge Carbide are the best I've used...unfortunately both are fairly expensive. The DW7657 has a very similar design to the Forrest and has been highly rated. At ~ $50, I'd give the DW a shot over the Irwin...in fact I ordered one last week.

Walt Pater
01-28-2006, 7:39 PM
The 40-ish tooth combo blade from Amana's "Prestige" line is being advertised at a discount price of 49.95, and it is a full-kerf, solid performer. This blade might just make your woodworking more...more...prestigious. :)

Aaron Kline
01-29-2006, 6:07 PM
What about Dimar blades? I see Lee Valley has some of theirs.

Jim O'Dell
01-29-2006, 7:01 PM
Systimatic is still around. Do a web search and you'll find several hits. I got my 2 Systimatic's from, that famous on line auction place. Paid around $40.00 or less for each of them, both brand spankin' new. One is a combo blade, then I got one for cutting solid surface material when I thought I was going to use Corian for my yet to be built router table. I've been happy with both.
That's what moving into a house that has a separate building for the shop, that needs lots of TLC, will do for you...stop all your projects dead in the water!! I wonder if I can still find my plans??? Jim.

Norman Hitt
01-29-2006, 7:14 PM
The Forrest and the Ridge Carbide are the best I've used...unfortunately both are fairly expensive. The DW7657 has a very similar design to the Forrest and has been highly rated. At ~ $50, I'd give the DW a shot over the Irwin...in fact I ordered one last week.

I wonder who's got the best prices on the DeWalt's, and if there are any package deals for them around. I'm thinking about trying one of those 7657's myself, and I also need one of their "Fine Trim Cutting" 12" blades for my mitre saw.

scott spencer
01-29-2006, 7:23 PM
I wonder who's got the best prices on the DeWalt's, and if there are any package deals for them around. I'm thinking about trying one of those 7657's myself, and I also need one of their "Fine Trim Cutting" 12" blades for my mitre saw. Amazon has it for $48 with free s/h.