PDA

View Full Version : New Virgina Woodcraft Location

Eric Shields
01-28-2006, 5:31 PM
Received a flyer from Woodcraft yesterday:

Grand Opening - Leesburg Virginia Feb 3, 2006 :D

Special Events All Month:

Feb 4 - 10% off everything (excludes FESTOOL & Leigh Jig)
Feb 11&12 - Class Program Open House
Feb 20 - 15% Off Bag Sale
Feb 24,25&26 - Frank Klausz Free Demos and Classes

However, small print for bag sale states: "Bags will be distributed. 50% off item must fit in bag! Limit 2 bags per customer. Item(s) must be in original box(es). Power tools excluded. Sale applies to in-stock items only. Not good in combinations with anyother Blah Blah Blah."

SWMBO is almost as excited as I am and plans for us to attend on the 3rd (gotta love the woman). Unfortunately, the shop funds are already being used to convert my basement into a shop so this will be more of a reconiassance tour. At least she will get an idea of what will eventually be asked for and reside in the basement/shop :o

Nothing short of a family illness (that my wife can't handle for a few hours) will keep me from the Frank Klausz demo and class on the 24th.

This location will certainly save me 20 min (one way) campaired to their Springfield location :)

I am in no way, shape, or form affiliated with Woodcraft. Just spreading the good news

Peter M. Spirito
01-28-2006, 8:32 PM
I took my Dad to the Woodcraft Store in Pompano Beach Fl today. It was his first trip. He is a ww'er from the 50's and now at almost 80 years old I am getting him back in to it. He had a great time. Woodcraft does have a good store. I live 1 hour from this store and about 2 1/2 hours from the store in Orlando (Cassleberry, I think).:)

Keith Starosta
01-29-2006, 8:29 AM
Aww, crap!! With them putting one in Leesburg, I guess that kills my dream of one going in closer to my area. :(

That'll be the fourth Virginia Woodcraft. Very nice...

Keith

Bill Simmeth
01-29-2006, 8:58 AM
Aww, crap!! With them putting one in Leesburg, I guess that kills my dream of one going in closer to my area.The way ya'll are popping up houses over there, I dare say it won't take long for a WoodCraft to come to your neighborhood. ;) Besides, how far is it really from Freds'burg to Springfield? :rolleyes:

Alan Turner
01-29-2006, 9:24 AM
I am not familiar with a bag sale. Will an LN fit in one of the bags? If so, anyone want to go shopping for me?

Bill Lewis
01-29-2006, 10:41 AM
So Eric, Where in Leesburg? Does the flyer have an address?

It doesn't really help me either, though there is a psudo-Woodcraft in Rockville, they don't keep much inventory. I can however order from the catalog with no shipping, but that also takes two visits. I can usually do this on the way home from work. I gave up on going to the Springfield store, and the Baltimore one is too far.

Keith Starosta
01-29-2006, 12:14 PM
The way ya'll are popping up houses over there, I dare say it won't take long for a WoodCraft to come to your neighborhood. ;) Besides, how far is it really from Freds'burg to Springfield? :rolleyes:

Alright, Bill.....ya got me there. :o In fact, I drive up through Springfield everyday on my way to Tyson's Corner for work. BUT.....it'd be nice to have one close to home nonetheless. It'd be easier to justify the classroom time if I wasn't an hour up the road. :D

Keith

Keith Starosta
01-29-2006, 12:20 PM
So Eric, Where in Leesburg? Does the flyer have an address?

It doesn't really help me either, though there is a psudo-Woodcraft in Rockville, they don't keep much inventory. I can however order from the catalog with no shipping, but that also takes two visits. I can usually do this on the way home from work. I gave up on going to the Springfield store, and the Baltimore one is too far.

Bill, Depending upon where in Montgomery County you are, Leesburg isn't that bad a drive...
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=&csz=Leesburg%2C+VA&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

Eric Shields
01-30-2006, 3:28 PM
Bill - 512 East Market Street
Leesburg, VA 20176

Alan - I've never experienced a bag sale myself either. The only notation the flyer says is that the bags will be distributed (2 per customer). No specifics as to the bag size itself, only that the items must fit inside the bag in their original packaging. Unfortunately, I'll be working on the 20th and doubt I'd be able to make the trip. Anyone that does, I'd love to hear specifics.

Keith - Bill does have a point about the amount of construction going on (actually all over Northern Va) and the possabilities of a future location. You could always buy into the franchise and start your own down there :confused:

Eric

Scott Loven
01-30-2006, 3:41 PM
I used to work in Reston VA and lived in Brunswick MD. Leesburg was on the way home. Now I live in Iowa and have to drive 175 miles to the nearist Woodcraft!
Scott

Pete Fox
01-31-2006, 11:17 AM
Hi Keith,

I'm Stafford - I agree, Fredericksburg or Stafford would be a GREAT location for a Woodcraft. I get up at 4:15 every morning to come into DC - I would take a lot more classes at Woodcraft if the Springfield store wasn't such a hike and if I didn't get home so late.

Pete

Bill Lewis
01-31-2006, 12:06 PM
Well it looks like the one in Leesburg isn't really an option. I'm in Laytonsville and as the crow files it's not that far, but I'd have to take Whites Ferry for sure. When I do get down that way, I'll be sure to check it out. I grew up in McLean VA. Today, I only work a few miles from Tysons, just across the river. I once tried to go to the Springfield store during lunch, It was a long lunch. That was during the earlier stages of the "Malfunction Junction" rebuild.

Actually, when I was growing up, Leesburg was a sleepy little town, and too far out for anyone to even comprehend commuting from there. Getting there was nothing becasue there wasn't more than a dozen lights from Tysons to Leesburg. but there was really no reason to go there. Of course the same goes with Fredericksburg. I can remember when Dale city was nothing more than a billboard along I-95, and that was only half way to F'burg.

And guys, I'm not that old! It's just amazing how much this area has changed.

BTW what're they getting for a Woodcraft Franchise these days? The last I remember seeing was about $100k.

Pete Fox
01-31-2006, 12:09 PM
Bill,

I remember that Billboard along 95 in Dale City - it said "You'd be home by now if you lived in Dale City!"

Pete

Bill Lewis
01-31-2006, 12:20 PM
Pete,
I used to go shooting there with my father, not to far past where Banks junk yard used to be. I think the gun range is now a shopping mall.

Keith Starosta
01-31-2006, 12:23 PM
Well it looks like the one in Leesburg isn't really an option. I'm in Laytonsville and as the crow files it's not that far, but I'd have to take Whites Ferry for sure. When I do get down that way, I'll be sure to check it out. I grew up in McLean VA. Today, I only work a few miles from Tysons, just across the river. I once tried to go to the Springfield store during lunch, It was a long lunch. That was during the earlier stages of the "Malfunction Junction" rebuild.

Actually, when I was growing up, Leesburg was a sleepy little town, and too far out for anyone to even comprehend commuting from there. Getting there was nothing becasue there wasn't more than a dozen lights from Tysons to Leesburg. but there was really no reason to go there. Of course the same goes with Fredericksburg. I can remember when Dale city was nothing more than a billboard along I-95, and that was only half way to F'burg.

And guys, I'm not that old! It's just amazing how much this area has changed.

BTW what're they getting for a Woodcraft Franchise these days? The last I remember seeing was about $100k.

Bill, I've been in Fredericksburg for almost five years now, and it has taken on a major facelift even since I've been here! :eek:

It's funny you say that about the Woodcraft franchise. I asked my wife this morning if I was absolutely crazy for even thinking about inquiring as to the price of a franchise. LOL.......she said, "Yes." :rolleyes:

- Keith