PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Helix 35 purchase?

Nick Andraka
03-01-2023, 12:55 PM
My Epilog Radius is still chugging along fine, but is running on a 20 year old Synrad 25w tube.

I found a local Epilog Helix 35W, (~2007?) add says the tube needs to be replaced or recharged. They are asking $2000 or best offer.
Looks like they dont have anything hooked up. so not even sure what I can check out when I go to purchase/offer.

Is there a test run that can be done to check out the X-Y travel, even though the laser tube is kaput.
Will the Helix run a file from a thumb drive in the usb port?

Any idea what size tubes would work with the power supply (and fans) of the 35W Helix? Since the 35w tube needs service, I would not mind upgrading to a 40, 45 or even 50w

I did talk to Epilog, they said it is still a supported machine.

Any words of wisdom?
I am very electronic and mechanical capable,, but not familiar with the Helix

Thanks,
Nick

Nick Andraka
03-01-2023, 3:44 PM
Also,
Any idea what the differences are between the "pre 2010" and post 2010 Helix machines ?

Mike Null
03-03-2023, 10:19 AM
If you have Helix drivers and firmware loaded you should be able to check the machine using a usb cable on your pc. With that you can check the x-y motion even if the tube is shot,

You can download drivers from the Epilog web site.

Nick Andraka
03-06-2023, 5:25 PM
Thanks,
I am passing on it for now,, the seller is not providing good answers.

If you have Helix drivers and firmware loaded you should be able to check the machine using a usb cable on your pc. With that you can check the x-y motion even if the tube is shot,

You can download drivers from the Epilog web site.